Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thumbs down WordPress 2015 Theme
    Is anyone using the new WordPress 2015 theme?

It is a drastic re-design, and I do not like it at all.

Any thoughts about it?

My favorites are the 2010 and the 2014.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

My favorite themes are also the 2010 and 2014. I, too, looked at the 2015 theme but it's not for me.

I like the Wordpress designed themes because they don't "break" when W/P updates. They are also easy to customize (for our purposes, anyway).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Slightly off-topic, but I updated one of my sites that uses the 2010 theme to WP 4.1 today and all sorts of things are horribly broken and I haven't a clue how to fix them. WP support has many threads complaining of the same problems. The recommended fixes work for some people but not for others, but most of it is way beyond my tech knowledge.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'd look for culprits by turning off plugins and widgets one at a time and retesting.

You might also want to empty your cache at both the server and browser before/after each test. Turn off caching while testing.

Hope this helps . . a little. I suspect the issue is small than you think. When it comes to php generating sites sometimes it's only a line or two of code.
    I'll get the hang of it eventually. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but I updated one of my sites that uses the 2010 theme to WP 4.1 today and all sorts of things are horribly broken and I haven't a clue how to fix them. WP support has many threads complaining of the same problems. The recommended fixes work for some people but not for others, but most of it is way beyond my tech knowledge.
    I use Thesis Framework. I'm not tech-savvy but with thesis everything become simple. Those ppl at thesis were very nice. They work 24/7 and responded to all my queries asap. Make easier for me to blog..

I do not use use any third party designed theme for making a website, which can cause malware issue. I like wordpress twenty twelve theme, which I use to make website. This theme is very flexible as compare to other wordpress default themes.

i Like Twenty Twelve and Twenty Fourteen Both are my favorite Wordpress Default Themes..

Twenty Fourteen is my favorite of the bunch - Twenty Fifteen is super basic. Maybe in response to Medium gaining popularity? Or maybe they just ran out of ideas this year.

I have recently bought a new theme which needed the latest PHP version, ehmm I love modern stuff, but sometimes they don't work with old plugins and some other design features, but we just need to wait for a bit...

I do hate old themes, honestly

i think twenty third is the best word press theme i use my AP twenty third word press theme

Twenty Twelve was good, but Twenty Fifteen .....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread