Factory Outlet Stores & GoGoTech - Beware
    Just a heads up to watch your reversal rate with Factory Outlet Stores and GoGoTech. My experience with them has been horrendous as they reversed approximately 60% of my commissions for 2014!

I'm dropping them today from my website. I left them on for December which I see now was a big mistake as they just reversed 75% of my December sales. 75%!!!!!

Anyway, run your reports, watch your reversal rates, and beware!

--edit--

I should add this is a case where most of the high commission items are reversed and the lower commission items remain intact. So when I say 75%, I mean 75% of the money I made was reversed, not 75% of the items. Any commission under $4 is relatively safe :-(
    Last edited by isellstuff; January 28th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Which network(s)?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Which network(s)?
    CJ for me
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

4. Thanks From:

Have had troubles too. Bummer

6. Thanks From:

Still happening (of course). How can they get away with this? Did you follow up with CJ? I'm a nobody so it won't matter if I make a fuss. I guess I will need to drop them too, but it's a shame that they can get away with reversing all the high dollar sales. Mine are usually reversed for "Invalid Credit Card". How can they get away with it!!! Pisses me off. I used to kill it with them on high priced items. Now it's pathetic. Sad

Also - How can they get away with this? This is taking money from CJ too right? They don't get paid unless we get paid. Or maybe they have a "special" deal with CJ?

Did I ask how they can get away with it?

UGH

8. Thanks From:

I am not a CJ Performer and I lost my CJ rep a few years ago, so I would have to go through the standard support channels like everyone else. You know how well CJ support works...

I guess when I spot a program that has "issues" I just perma-ban them and move on, after letting people at ABW know of course. The problem could be their attribution model, or it could be fraud. So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps the higher price items have more than one click and one of the other clicks is from a different marketing channel. So, click on Google Shopping link then click on affiliate link or click on affiliate link then 30 minutes later due a trademark search and click on PPC ad run by the merchant or a preferred affiliate. I've seen a few affiliate managers manually adjust commissions after the fact because they don't have automated attribution.

Regardless, if they are shaving leads (which is always my first assumption), have inventory problems, or if they have setup an attribution model that heavily favors not paying for higher price items with a longer sale funnel, the best course of action is to terminate your relationship. They aren't the type of people you want to do business with.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread