Talking Social Media Affiliates
    HI there - I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who is or knows some great affiliates who primarily use social media to drive traffic to advertisers for commissions. I know there must be great FB affiliates, would love to brainstorm with you.

Also, I have 2 advertisers who really want to utilize Instagram more and want affiliates to use it. But without being able to use a tracking link on this picture based platform, is there really any way for affiliates to use tracking or to get compensated some way with the click path staying intact?

I'd love to get schooled on some of this, and will make it work your while, if you can help me out!

Thanks!
    Linda

No insights on this anyone? Surely someone out there is using one or more of the social media platforms to drive traffic? Love to hear from you!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    you could use copy in the image itself with a "pretty" affiliate link.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

You mean like shorten it ala tinyurl or bit.ly, OR personalize it somehow? How?. It still won't be clickable, so you're saying that the interested party might type in the "pretty" URL after seeing the pic?
    What about using a hashtag to send the traffic to a individualized landing page for each affiliate promoting in this way? Then, track the traffic from that landing page somehow?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Haven't played with the situation enough to make good recommendations. There are tools out there like https://www.rewardstyle.com for Fashion bloggers and social media folks that are supposed to be good for Instagram.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

I can't recall the name of the guy I saw this strategy from, but there are several opportunities that look reasonable. 1. Instagram, get your account set up and get ingrained in the system, by consistent posting and following others of interest in the community. After you have established yourself I would create some images tied to CPA offers and drip them out maybe 20% of your other content postings. 2. Start and grow a fan page on facebook with nearly the same approach as instagram. If you want to learn about social media from a credible source check out this contest where you could win a free course. If nothing else you could put it on your resume. All good!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; February 17th, 2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: newbie link

I know that some people will change their profile link to whatever their latest photo is trying to direct people to. If you're trying to send people to a product review on your page, you change the link to go directly to that page, and you mention that in the caption on the photo you just posted. It's so-so, but it can work if your image and caption is compelling enough.

There are also tools out there (at least for fashion) that a user can sign up for that will send them an email when they like a photo that has specific types of clothing in it. The email gives the user the opportunity to purchase the product. It's not seamless, and it requires a customer to actually do some things other than simply "like" something - but it's an option.

Social media is media designed to be disseminated through social interaction, created using highly accessible and scalable (measurable) publishing techniques."
    (Kaplan and Hainlein: "a group of Internet based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0 and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.)"

Social media has 3 components;

1. Concept (art, information, or meme).
    2. Media (physical, electronic, or verbal
    3. Social interface .

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread