Question on Niche
    I wanted to know how to choose a niche. What are some advice/tips you guys can give me?

Is a niche a category of a type of item or is it a specific item?

Is it best to go for something new and educate the consumer or should I use a popular item?

Where do I get a Niche from? Do I get them from site like Clickbank, Amazon, Ebay?

Can I become an affiliate of multiple sites and put multiple products on my site from different places I've become an affiliate of? or is it one niche per site?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on all of this I'm just starting and I've done a lot of reading and I'm still confused on many things.

Quote Originally Posted by ViTaLyZe10 View Post
    I wanted to know how to choose a niche. What are some advice/tips you guys can give me?

Is a niche a category of a type of item or is it a specific item?

Is it best to go for something new and educate the consumer or should I use a popular item?

Where do I get a Niche from? Do I get them from site like Clickbank, Amazon, Ebay?

Can I become an affiliate of multiple sites and put multiple products on my site from different places I've become an affiliate of? or is it one niche per site?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on all of this I'm just starting and I've done a lot of reading and I'm still confused on many things.

A lot of related questions there.. Let's take them one at a time... First, here is a decent article on finding a niche and what a niche is.

How to Brainstorm for Profitable Affiliate Niche Ideas

That's a good place to start. But Google is your friend on this... use it. Seriously, cannot stress that enough. If you can't use Google to understand niche affiliate marketing, you'll be lost. Much.... MUCH.. (did I say MUCH?) of what you need to learn about affiliate marketing is "out there" you need to do your research. Search, learn, discover... and then ask more questions. Use the Search function in the forums here on ABestWeb as well.

Once you decide on that... then the next questions on where to find products, how to build your site, etc. can be addressed.

Make sense?

Lindy

3. Thanks From:

Choose the niche for which you have more information about .. it will help you more.

5. Thanks From:

Hey there Nirali - you really should introduce yourself before you start dropping one-liners.
    ---> BTW profile spamming does not work - especially when the site in your profile needs serious proofreading on your splash page.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hey there Nirali - you really should introduce yourself before you start dropping one-liners.
    ---> BTW profile spamming does not work - especially when the site in your profile needs serious proofreading on your splash page.
    When someone drops one-liners like this shouldn't they be sent to a newbie sandbox where they can be moderated?

Just askin'

9. Thanks From:

Choosing a niche, IMO, starts with one question: "what interests YOU?" If you pursue an avenue that is of little interest to you, or a route that you have little knowledge in, will you really put in the time it would take to learn in and become part of it? In my mind, if you have a passion for something, even if you know nothing about it, you'll have much more drive to make it happen. Good luck! -Joe

11. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    When someone drops one-liners like this shouldn't they be sent to a newbie sandbox where they can be moderated?

Just askin'
    Depends on the post. One liners are often just removed and the poster ignored. If they bump a bunch of posts with one liners they generally are booted. If they drop images or links with one liners they get banned.

Banned members are put in a sandbox where they can protest the ban but not post otherwise on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasFootprints View Post
    Choosing a niche, IMO, starts with one question: "what interests YOU?" If you pursue an avenue that is of little interest to you, or a route that you have little knowledge in, will you really put in the time it would take to learn in and become part of it? In my mind, if you have a passion for something, even if you know nothing about it, you'll have much more drive to make it happen. Good luck! -Joe
    Agreed. Find something you like - a niche that means something to you, and it'll feel less like work. If you're able to find something that helps you fill a need in your own life, you're more apt to have a unique perspective that can then be channeled into something that stands out from all of the other websites out there talking about something similar.

First do a personal check on what your interested in. What is it easy to talk about, your hobby, cooking, finance, whatever it is, identify it first. If you can write about it forever that would be a good place to start. Now if its something other than that you will want to hire ghost writers (fiverr). Second, you don't want to jump into a niche that is too competitive. Use Moz tool bar add on to search your potential niches. Review the 1st page of Google results for your keyword (use a highly monthly search kw) and find the average page authority (PA) & domain authority (DA) rank for that niche. Also notice the backlinks. The more links and higher PA & DA the competition has the tougher it will be. If the average (10 results) DA is over 75, I would fish somewhere else to get started. You also need to identify what style and model of affiliate marketing your going to do. Get an overview in this article - http://www.interactivemarketingtrain...m-for-success/

15. Thanks From:

Many good points above.

Essentially niche finding is broken into 2 tasks:
    1. brainstorming (from thinks you personally enjoy, and problems you have in your own life)
    2. competition benchmarking (culling out ideas that have already been done, or competition is too strong)

1. brainstorming
    ask yourself this question:
    If I could "buy" my way to success, what would I buy?
    What would you purchase to make yourself more successful in life? Make those things for yourself firstly, then sell them to others.
    Find a problem you have thats worth solving, solve it for yourself, then solve it for other people.

2. Assessing the competition.
    Do not start a business if it already exists.
    Do not start a business if the competition is super strong
    If a competitor sells a product to a problem you have why won't you buy it? Fix that problem.

Low competition, high payouts!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread