Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Best ways to advertise locally?
    I recently started a greenhouse installation service to sell and install complete greenhouses for gardening. The problem is that because of the bulkiness of the product I can only operate in Ontario where this business is based. What are some good promotional meathods for getting to people interested in this type of product within my geographical area?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You might have to revert to guerilla tactics and do sticker, classifieds ads, etc. Do you have an affiliate relationship so that orders originating from your site give you credit for a commission?

Yellow pages
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Start with local SEO

Would you consider trying leaflet advertising?

With printed postcards you can use the postal service's every door direct mail program to saturate local areas for as little as .185 ea. We use this service and receive a great response.

leaflet, postcards, flyers, brochures... these would be most effective as prospects can keep your contact safe for future reference as well... while online you can build a decent website/webpage/landing page and try Local SEO techniques..,

If you want to advertise on locally then you need to find local classified ads site and then you need to post and also you will do local SEO.Then you will get best result.
    thanks

yes yello pages is best way but if you want more best way then you will cheek

Accidentally submitted my post here before having a chance to finish my thought and proof read. Please see my actual post below this one and mod feel free to delete this individual post if need be. Thank you.
    Last edited by jmaresca; March 15th, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

I would certainly start with local SEO. I would start with the following as well:

1) Google places listing
    2) list in local directories such as local.com, city places.com, yp.com, etc (you won't get a tremendous amount of new business from being listed in these directories however it will help with building up your "citations" for local SEO benefits.

If possible and if you have a budget for it I would certainly leverage Paid Search via Google Adwords and Bing Ads. This would be your best bet for generating inquires for your services. Since you could target locally your budget wouldn't be large so if you are able to invest a few hundred dollars to test the waters and to generate a few calls this is your best bet due to the level of control you have in terms of ensuring ad placement as well as turnaround time for going live and to begin generating inquires. Every business needs a marketing initiative and a budget. I would highly suggest Paid Search (PPC) for this because of that ability to go live quickly and control your ad placement.

You may hear SEO is better because there is no advertising cost or click costs but SEO does require an investment. How much of an investment that is will depend on how much value you place on your time from a monetary perspective. In addition there is no guarenteed success when it comes to SEO. All your time and effort can be invested into SEO and you may not achieve top rankings. In addition to that, Paid Search, due to paid ads being better placed on search results places as well as the fact that searchers who click on sponsored ads are more likely buyers which means paid clicks tend to have more buyers than organic clicks.

Yes organic clicks can and will drive business however not all clicks have the same "intent" and therefore if you want more leads and more of those leads to convert into customers Paid Search is a good play (especially if you are willing to invest into advertising expenses). Yes I did recommend SEO at the beginning of this post and then it sounded like I was advocating for Paid Search over SEO the more you read my post. What I am suggesting is that you conduct keyword research to determine what customers are searching and conduct some on page SEO for your website for some of these keywords. You may be able to rank well, quickly and easily for some of those keywords therefore generating clicks and leads for your business without much of an expense. However if you are looking for the highest quality leads and you want volume, paid search will be the channel that will accomplish this for you.

do seo

local classified ads, article submission, forum posting, directories listing, commenting and answer posting,

only thing we should make sure is the site you are posting should have a good PR and do it slowly no need of hurry

You can do classified, blogcommenting, locallisting etc

Today, most of us use social media. That’s one reason why Internet Markets harness it to get the most from marketing through social sites. Of course, businesses did take their time to warm up to social media. According to a study, 97% businesses use social media for their marketing. Around 92% owe their success to social media marketing efforts. Though they have come to grasps about the importance of using social sites, most still struggle to get desired outcomes, with at least 91% agreeing they don’t know how to come up with effective social media strategy that works.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 26th, 2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: removed newbie link

Google Local Business Listing, Yellow Pages, Google Ad-words with placement targeting.

Local Business is best listing way promote Business.

There are many ways through which you can advertise your business locally. Few ways like make your blog a priority, add your business in local directories, do email marketing, do post on social media sites, verify your listing on Google+ and make some videos to promote your business. Good Luck

Local Seo really comes down to taking your time with building really good links. Also you have to have a really good Google plus page. Good content. I know that sounds very strereo type but it is the truth. Do not just try getting any link. Go for the best links possible. A really good link and good content can do wonders. Don't just post anywhere. Post on forums and blogs that have something to do with the nature of your business. Do not just write a quick reply. Take your time and try to bring something to the forum or blog you are posting on. Good luck.

for Best advertise locally you try locally google search and make local classified ad posting and local business listing,
    If thsi trick not work then best try on facebook for advertise your locally.

Business listing is the best way to advertise your business.

Classifieds and business listing are the best.

Hi Buddy,
    U may have some good methods to promote
    1. online advertising either in google or some well know ads company- incurs some monthly fees
    2. offline advertising campaign in newspaper, yellowpaper and so on...
    3. leaflet promoting, banners or some outdoor event campaign.
    4. intro from friend to friend or giving some freebies of friend intro or any promotion package.

i hope this would help your business growth

Hi, You can advertise locally by submitting your sites in directories, classifieds and in social media.
    For offline advertisements print some copies about your product and put them in daily news papers.It will reach so many people.And paste some posters about your product.
    follow seo tips to advertise your product easily.
    I hope it helps you

Hire some local guys from backpage,Craiglist and give them flyers.
    Put some local news paper ads and see results.

Hi guys. Internet technology is currently strong growth. You can make use of social marketing to promote their products. With Facebook you can advertise your product for Facebook users seen to boost sales and promote their brands.
    Google adsword with optimal results will be posted on the first of searches.
    I wish you success with social marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast