Smile Where do I start?
    Hi All,

Where do I start? Should I do some training or just sign up to start working and trying to earn some money?

I am looking at trying to make some extra cash by marketing without a website. I can create landing pages etc, but I don't have a website. Is the pay per click advertising successful or will it end up costing me rather than making money?

you really should read many.. many.. many of the threads in this forum. Your questions have been asked many times. Please, take some time to search and read. Then the good folks here will be more than happy to help with specific questions not covered elsewhere. You need to get an understanding of breadth of affiliate marketing before launching out.

4. Thanks From:

What Lindy Rig said! And just a tip - you can use Google to your advantage. If this website search isn't getting you the result you want, try going through Google by typing "site:abestweb.com [YOUR SEARCH QUERY HERE]" instead. I've found this method of searching much easier sometimes when it comes to forums. Good luck.

6. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Rather than experiment with difficult and costly marketing methods, your energy should be directed first at building a website. You can do it quickly, easily and inexpensively with a $10 domain registration and $5/month hosting that will give you access to building a site for free with wordpress.org. Little coding knowledge is needed to get it up and running, with affiliate links.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Rather than experiment with difficult and costly marketing methods, your energy should be directed first at building a website. You can do it quickly, easily and inexpensively with a $10 domain registration and $5/month hosting that will give you access to building a site for free with wordpress.org. Little coding knowledge is needed to get it up and running, with affiliate links.
    ^ Generally what most of us do. And a good first step.

10. Thanks From:

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Maybe it went without being said. But even before buying a domain, you should have some sort of idea about what you want your site/blog/whatever to be about. Be as specific as possible, you can always expand later. But pick something and make sure its very narrow and work on it to perfection. Once you figure out what you are doing then broaden if you like. But trying to to everything all at once (IMO) won't work and can overwhelm you. You have a lot to learn. You best bet is to stay focused to one clear ideas of what you want your site to be..
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

12. Thanks From:

well the very first step, once you have an idea of what to do with a domain and hosting, is to decide what you want your site to be about.
    There's a lot of information out there about how to find a good niche, but mainly you want it to be something that's specific enough that you don't have too much competition, that has high conversions, and that you can imagine writing about constantly and never getting bored.
    It also should be something that you already know a lot about.

once you have your niche, you really ought to buy a domain(which should be related to your niche/content) and hosting. After that do a lot of research on affiliate networks, and find the products/companies in your niche that you can promote.

Then you can start setting up a layout, adding your articles, organizing and then advertising, targeted traffic is your best friend, and backlinks, social media and SEO are traffics best friends.

Also to be noted is that updating your site often, adding articles often, adding pictures and videos, properly laying out your articles, and making sure that your content is "readable" will help you to have a lower bounce rate, which means that potential customers will spend more time on your site, and hopefully be more likely to use your affiliate links, and come back in the future.

As far as pay per click goes, it depends on a lot of variables how useful it will be, like what your niche is, what your target keywords are, what your landing page looks like, and how useful your site is to the people who click.

Thanks for your help. Great info.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread