Thread: How do I save a feed

ABW Ambassador
    How do I save a feed
    When I create a feed, I choose the vendor, the categories, the fields then I get a url link to download the feed.

That's all fine and dandy.

Now how do I save the feed. So I can edit it later, like say add fields to it or product categories. I don't want to start all over again from Step 1.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hey Sam, are you talking specifically about working within the AWin interface? I'd be glad to help you if that's the case.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Hey Sam, are you talking specifically about working within the AWin interface? I'd be glad to help you if that's the case.
    Yes. Specific to the Awin interface.

Once you've created your datafeed, click on the "Download Datafeed" button then copy the URL. By saving the URL, you can just click on it or paste it into your browser, and you'll be presented with a dialog box enabling you to either open the file or save it. The key is saving that URL.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, that was not my question.

My question was can I save the feed structure/layout in the AWIN interface. So if I want add a new field to the end of the file, I can open up the save lyout, add one field and be done with it in 2 seconds. In another network, when I create a feed, it's layout is saved, so I can comeback and edit it, make small changes.

Without that, it will take me another twenty minutes to create the feed, chose its layout all over again. And I know I will make a mistake, the fields won't be ordered exactly as my last feed and it will break my code.

6. Thanks From:

I have the same problem. I stopped trying to get a new feed. I go to the imported feed on my site and download a copy of it to correct field changes that I can't see any other way. Due to the number of times it later changes on its own I've often wondered if the merchant has the same problem to deal with and has no way to maintain the feed "as it was last time".

8. Thanks From:

Glad to help you both! We did upgrade many things with our feed recently, but as a result lots of things have changed and both sides are still getting used to the changes. We're not done, so it will continue to improve, and I really appreciate the feedback.

I'll be back in a little bit with the answers to your question, Sam. 2busy, I want to make sure we take good care of you too!

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Jcrooks for posting here. I didn't still get an answer. Are you saying this feature isn't supported yet in the AWIN interface or are you saying you don't know if it's available.

Sorry for the delay! Came back from my aunt's funeral with a horrible cold, moving kinda slow, but getting better now.

The Affiliate Window datafeed platform can create custom feeds across categories and pull products from multiple vendors. That complexitiy provides many benefits but it does mean sometimes doing a few things differently.

The datafeed URL structure is pretty self-explanatory, so the best way to do what you want would be to save the URL in a text file and edit the feed URL to subtract or add fields. I'd recommend saving 2 URLs - one master URL containing all possible fields, and a second URL containing the fields you most commonly need. Then, when you want to add another field you could simply find it in the "master URL" and add it into your customized URL feed in your desired location. That way you won't have to recreate the feed each time, and this works pretty fast as well.

Hope that helps! If you'd like, I can connect you with a member of our tech team who would be glad to assist you in creating whatever you need.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. Not the best solution but will work.

14. Newsletter Signup