Best Affiliate Directories for Merchants
    We recently launched our affiliate program and have been researching the best affiliate directories to use. A lot of the information is either outdated or vague regarding the popularity. Listed below are some of the ones I found:

OfferVault
    PointClickTrack
    5 Star Affiliate Programs
    AffiliatesDirectory.com
    AffiliateFirst.com
    AffiliatePrograms.com
    AffiliateRanker.com
    AffiliateScout.com
    AffiliateSeeking.com
    AllAffiliatePrograms.com
    AssociatePrograms.com
    JamAffiliates.com
    Top-Affiliate.com

I have pulled some page rank and alexa data on the ones that have popped up, but wanted to hear your feedback on which directory sites you use regularly.

Thank you.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I haven't submitted a program to a directory in about 9 years. Not saying it's a bad idea, but I get plenty of volume from affiliates finding us through the directory in our network and finding us through our link on our home page. In the end, I like to focus my energy on actively recruiting people I want to work with based on where my shoppers are, not on passive techniques beyond some affiliate page SEO, a link on the page and my network listings and ads.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

The majority of affiliate directories seem to be crap. There must be a few good ones put there - but I haven't found one yet. Page rank and Alexa are also very "old hat." Sorry, that's just this guy's opinion - but I'm still a beginner at this affiliate marketing stuff.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

Thank you. I suspected that the directories were a waste of time, but wanted some confirmation. After careful review we decided not to join a network. I know we face a long road ahead of us, but felt we could provide a better working relationship with our affiliates.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    There may be some benefit especially with backlinks of posting to the directories if you have a solid landing page to join your affiliate program. Don't make it a priority but it can't hurt if especially if you are a white label in-house program as you won't get the benefit of the network promotion.

The $99 Paid Announcement on ABW is well worth the money and you have control of the content.

Hello, first of all thank you for all the info you share!
    I did a research about affiliate directories too and also about affiliate networks. Our program is submitted to a network, but we are trying to find other ways to get more affiliates. The paid announcement on ABW it's a great idea, I will definitely take this into consideration...but now after reading many posts on this forum I don't know if it's a good idea to submit our program to affiliate directories and to other affiliate networks or if it's just a waste of time.

Thanks for given great lists .I used this list, it's really helpful to me..i submitted in different directory..

Quote Originally Posted by velvetskincare View Post
    We recently launched our affiliate program and have been researching the best affiliate directories to use. A lot of the information is either outdated or vague regarding the popularity. Listed below are some of the ones I found:

OfferVault
    PointClickTrack
    5 Star Affiliate Programs
    AffiliatesDirectory.com
    AffiliateFirst.com
    AffiliatePrograms.com
    AffiliateRanker.com
    AffiliateScout.com
    AffiliateSeeking.com
    AllAffiliatePrograms.com
    AssociatePrograms.com
    JamAffiliates.com
    Top-Affiliate.com

I have pulled some page rank and alexa data on the ones that have popped up, but wanted to hear your feedback on which directory sites you use regularly.

Thank you.
    I don't think Pointclicktrack can we called as an affiliate directory where one could lookout for offers to promote as it's an affiliate network. I usually suggest affiliates to use offervault.com because they also suggest you the keywords and traffic sources for you to promote the specific offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post
    I usually suggest affiliates to use offervault.com because they also suggest you the keywords and traffic sources for you to promote the specific offers.
    Are these the same keywords that they give to everyone?

Gus

I find that optimizing your affiliate program page and related posts works best. This way you can attract people that are within your niche. Networks and on-site promotion trump all
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

great. Thank you for the list.

I only search from OfferVault.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread