Facebook Marketing?
    Social Media is a great place to promote yourself and your products/services.

What has gotten you the best results...promoting on your own page or a fan page?

Thanks.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Duplicate posting is not allowed - the other thread has been deleted.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Neither - yet. Granted I've gotten to know a lot of great people on social media and build up a close rapport with many of them (and of course plenty others that I want nothing to do with). But while social media has helped me spread the word and just share some amazing stories, it has yet to yield any results from a business perspective. We'll see how it continues to play out over time... -Joe

Making money from Facebook marketing is a total myth. Social media is so hyped up right now, but it does not work as well as if you do the basics that people have been doing for so many years. Think about all the marketing gurus that have made millions of dollars before Facebook and Twitter was even around. How did they do it? They did such things as link building, article marketing, and implemented SEO the proper way on their website. I don't advise you to waste your time trying to make money with Facebook marketing. Instead focus on the marketing basics and fundamentals.

Facebook paid marketing is great way to engage the people for branding and services promotions.

I have had good success promoting products through FB ads. As a matter of fact i have also own a fan page in the gaming niche which has got me descent results so far but yes FB ads is the way to go considering they have introduced Re-Targeting.

For me fan page provide better value than own page. I have got a huge amount of traffic from my fan page.

Facebook is one of those mediums with which many companies have found great success in increasing their visibility across a broader market that would be otherwise be presumably inaccessible. With companies collectively spending over millions of dollars on Facebook advertising through PPC/CPC campaigns to promote their business page, you may be wondering how these companies assess whether their marketing dollars are being spent wisely on Facebook.

(Sorry Stephen, had to remove the link)
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; June 24th, 2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: removed links

If I understand correctly, you are talking about promoting your website through a facebook business page rather than through your personal facebook page?

I have put some money into advertising my website by creating a facebook business page for the website and using facebooks paid advertising methods and I've had mixed results. The thing I did like about it was that it gets your website some exposure which is especially needed early on when you do not yet have an audience. It also builds trust. I didn't see a directly positive ROI from advertising with facebook but I feel like it helps a website in the long run.

The thing is, with facebook pages nowadays you will barely have any reach unless you pay to boost your posts. So unless you plan on putting money into it, your posts will not be seen very easily.

No success with facebook over here.. but it depends on what kind of product you sell, i have a friend who is doing OK with cosmetics on facebook. I always have been totally unsuccessful with facebook, but i manage to have decent traffic from twitter (tech products). So without knowing the kind of products that you sell it's hard to guess. But nothing beats organic traffic (Google, Yahoo, yes you'd be amazed what it's possible to do with yahoo's traffic )

Marketing on social media sites are advisable but there are some key things you need to understand. First is it will be very difficult to be taken seriously in social media nowadays so if you will be using facebook to promote a product/service I suggest you make a facebook business page and use facebook advertising. Don't settle on promoting in your personal profile page. Second is join discussions and communicate with your audience, post REAL pictures about the business you are promoting. You'll be taken more seriously if people will see how active you are. Lastly, try not to settle in facebook alone.

hope this helps.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread