Cool Not Interested in his Domain
    There's one guy who has dedicated his life to bothering me via email about his domain

I originally created the hyphenated domain "word-word.com"
    He went into direct competition with me by building a site with the domain "wordword.com" without the hyphen. He got tired of maintaining his site and has dedicated his life to trying to persuade me
    to buy "wordword.com." I've been trying to label his email as spam but his emails still get through.

Today one of his emails got through to me through some trick (he used the word "privacy" in his email).
    I read it just for the heck of it and he wrote "How much does wordword.com mean to you?"
    It doesn't mean anything to me. You are like a constant fly buzzing around.
    He wrote "If you don't get this email tell me and I'll send another" -- well, hardy har har and least I got a laugh out of this sentence

I hit the spam button on my gmail so maybe I won't have to read his annoying emails anymore.
    There's no way I will buy any domain from him.

My way of dealing with this jerk is just to ignore him; what would you do to someone who hounds you via email to buy a domain that was obviously set up to compete with you?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Ignore them. That's what I do to those who try to sell me domains via email. Very annoying indeed!

4. Thanks From:

The internet brings all kinds of people. People I truly enjoy getting to know, and others I wish I never did. That's the problem with putting yourself out there. It doesn't matter if it's a domain or just a simple tweet. We are all susceptible to it. And with my new venture into eCommerce, I'm beginning to see why some people call it quits before their first year is up. The 'vindictive' nature some people bring out just sours your appetite sometimes.

The only thing you can really do is ignore it. He will probably never stop. But the instant you respond (doesn't matter what with), that'll just egg him on even further. -Joe

Some people generally bought domains to sell them later to another person with a hyphened or slightly changed domain name. Such domains are based on Keyword. .com. .org and other extensions.

Just noticed that you gave up from your domain name word-word.com because it is currently available for purchase as Godaddy.com reported and also just checked your site status and it is down as websitedown.info reported. Have you gave up at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by ynez View Post
    Just noticed that you gave up from your domain name word-word.com because it is currently available for purchase as Godaddy.com reported and also just checked your site status and it is down as websitedown.info reported. Have you gave up at the end?
    since the domain name was in quotes it may not have been the actual name.

Wink
    I didn't post the actual domain name.

Would you have preferred example-example?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread