French accent?
    Bonjour,

I'm thinking of talking over a script made for my VSL. (I'm selling downloadable prenatal Yoga Videos) I'm french, (yes my English is pretty good, married for years to an Irish man) but I have concerns about that.
    Do you American like to hear a French accent or is it better to look for a native to speak over.
    I will not take any offense don't you worried, I'm looking but a better conversion, nothing personal

Merci!

Christelle

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    While I do enjoy an accent, I'm just wondering if it might distract from the message. I know for me, yoga is hard enough without having to concentrate additionally on what is being said. If your target audience here is the US, you may also want someone to make sure that your syntax and word choice fits with American English - honestly, it's not the same as what might be used elsewhere.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

This was my biggest fear, but yes I do believe that I have to make sure my message is clear and targeted, and I understand what you are saying.

Thanks again JCrooks, for your time, and your honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    While I do enjoy an accent, I'm just wondering if it might distract from the message. I know for me, yoga is hard enough without having to concentrate additionally on what is being said. If your target audience here is the US, you may also want someone to make sure that your syntax and word choice fits with American English - honestly, it's not the same as what might be used elsewhere.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    While a foreign accent, and certainly a French accent, can be entertaining and enjoyable to hear as a general principle, as far as promoting a business venture, it absolutely would be a distraction, even if fairly easy to understand. But, most accents are NOT easy to understand for a certain percentage of listeners, and no matter how attractive it might be to most people, it would be a turn off for an otherwise viable segment of your audience.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I will definitely look for a native to speak over, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    While a foreign accent, and certainly a French accent, can be entertaining and enjoyable to hear as a general principle, as far as promoting a business venture, it absolutely would be a distraction, even if fairly easy to understand. But, most accents are NOT easy to understand for a certain percentage of listeners, and no matter how attractive it might be to most people, it would be a turn off for an otherwise viable segment of your audience.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread