Where to find viral content to share on social media?
    We all know that some videos and images get shared and go viral while others only catch a few eyeballs. Some sites like buzzfeed provide trending content which I find to be a good indicator. Where do you find viral content to share on social media?

Buzzfeed and sites like it find a lot of their content on imgur and reddit. They usually credit their sources, so just take a look at where they get theirs.

Part of what makes Buzzfeed successful is that they do something with it, to make something more consumable out of it. So they'll compile lots of great stuff together into a single post. The average person isn't going to go to reddit themselves to find this stuff.

They're also masters at Facebook marketing and the headline. Even though the articles themselves tend to be crap. Apparently that doesn't hurt them.

3. Thanks From:

I've had some luck taking Shutterstock images and adding captions to imitate a trending Internet Meme. So the advantage is that you can make a graphic that directly relates to your topic/subject but also leverages a pre-existing group mindset. So, for instance, a cat picture that imitates the "I Can Has Cheeseburger" Meme. You can then direct your new graphic to people who intersect your two interest areas (cats + your topic). Here's a list of Meme's that you can use for ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Internet_memes

Downside to this, it takes time and lots of thought. Oh, and Shutterstock is expensive.

Oh - unrelated note: Good to see you posting Scott!
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Oh - unrelated note: Good to see you posting Scott!
    Thanks! Good to see lots of familiar faces still here.

6. Thanks From:

I get ideas from pinterest, stumbleupon, and google images and mix them to create posts/images which do get noticed by a lot of people...
    I guess with practice you get better__

the most popular tool to find trending stuff is BuzzSumo.
    I found this other cool tool the other day called Spike.NewsWhip. It looks pretty amazing.
    BuzzSumo is good to find content that has trended over the last month to year.
    Spike.Newswhip is more appropriate to find content trending now / in the past 30 days.

I would say Reddit is your best bet but there was a software(dont need to download or something just login and do the stuff) launched recently that helps you find viral content so you can utilize it for your own benefit. I believe this should help benefit you a lot: http://cliks.it/
    Last edited by Rozanne; May 8th, 2015 at 11:35 PM.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread