Question Is guest blogging dead?
    Who out there still uses guest blogging as a form of gaining new readers to your blog or as a form of traffic?

Your thoughts?

================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I dont think so a quality guest post on a few top blogs will not only announce your brand to the world but will also persuade your potential customers to know more about you.

I am still preferring guest blogging,. It really drive more traffic to your website.

For me and my site, I don't focus specifically on trying to get traffic. I focus on creating quality content that is relevant to my readers. We don't run a lot of guest posts, but if we do, they're from people in my industry that have something totally relevant to share with my audience. I get a lot of those templated emails asking to write for my site, and I always turn those down. I try to set it up so that the only people writing for my site are people in my network, or are people I know of and respect. It's all about quality, relevance and (hopefully) compelling content.

I just wrote my second guest post, this time for a friend of a friend. My first guest post I was paid for upfront and they're refusing to link to my site (I believe they see my site as competition?). They haven't posted it yet as it's March Break here and they are off lollygagging. I'm sure I'll get a lot of traffic from it because we are both reaching the same demographic, but in different niches.

On the flip side, what are the benefits from having someone else guest blog for me? More content, sure but since I add a few posts every day, would one more post make much difference?

I have done some guest posts on other blogs that I like and visit regularly. I look on it in a similar way that I look at commenting, both of which are practices which have fallen from favor recently. To me they are both still an important part of establishing a blog and increasing readership and communication. I will continue to do the occasional guest post here and there.

It's not dead if done right. Still can be a good way to get exposure. Be sure to add a nofollow to the outgoing links.

I think not but after update some are doing less.

I still preffer to do .. Getting traffic from that also

It isn't useless if finished proper. Nonetheless could be a good solution to get publicity. You'll want to add a nofollow to the outgoing hyperlinks.

I used to do guest blogging previously, but since some months I am not getting time to write for guest blog. Guest blogging is a great way to increase traffic as well as branding of blog.

Quality and genuine guest post is still worth. Not do so many guest blogging.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread