Need ideas for a training/seminar!
    Our department's supervisor is going to retire late this year. I'm one of the two candidates that can possibly be chosen for that position. I've worked hard to get to where I am now, that is, department manager. I've worked lots of late hours, sometimes unpaid, just to make sure that my work is of the best quality and quantity.

The other department manager and I are being given a month to prepare for a training/seminar for the other department supervisors and managers.The group that we will be instructing has been divided into two. So that's one for the other manager and one for me. It wasn't specifically said that this will affect who will get the department supervisor position but still I really want to do my best.

Have I mentioned that I work in the HR department that's why we're in charge of the training, seminars and workshops?

Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your replies

You are better of sharing some more details on what kind of seminar would that be, I doubt there is a universal all mighty rule how to make it.
    Outdoors is usually not a good idea if that requires clear focus and passing on loads of technical info (attention span wise).

3. Thanks From:

My work usually deals with employee training programs. I do and present it.

I do it along with a consultant/provider that the company hired. Although, I am confident enough to do it on my own, the assistance is really a big help in terms of the presentation's content and the best way to present it.

An additional cost but definitely worth it.

It's about being an effective supervisor. Do you think it's a good idea to use something like this one. I found them online when I was looking for tips. Do you think it'll be effective or maybe I should just make my own presentation and everything?
    What about games? Our department supervisor never really liked playing games during seminars but I'd love to play some. Do you think it's childish?

I was a successful entrepreneur as a professional (corporate) trainer for 15 years. So I'd like to think I have some experience that could lend itself useful to you. But in the end, it all depends on you...and your audience. You have to know your audience well enough to know what they would be looking for. Ask yourself: what can you do for them that hasn't already been done? What is something new that you can bring to the table? What would make you the one who stands out from the crowd? Not just in a training seminar. But before and after it as well. Seek the answers to those questions, and you'll have a path on which to ride on. Best of luck! -Joe

Quote Originally Posted by bucketream View Post
    Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?
    Are you allowed to go outdoors? If you are then why not have a team building after the seminar activity. In that way you can teach, learn, bond and enjoy at the same time

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread