quote:
    Levine, a resident of Boca Raton, Florida, is described in the indictment as "the controlling force" in Snipermail.com Inc., a Florida corporation engaged in distributing advertisements via the Internet on behalf of advertisers and brokers.

Acxiom, headquartered in Little Rock and Conway, Arkansas, stores and processes millions of bits of data on behalf of a wide range of clients that include IBM, GE, Microsoft and many major credit card companies.

Link to CNN article: Snipermail Article

This sounds more like a privacy issue than parasiteware but was just wondering if anyone had heard of snipermail.com
    Mash Your Motor!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Another so-called legit e-mail marketing firm turns into being a front for cybercriminals. My Fla. STates Attorney contact loved turning lose the FBI carnivore server trojan on these perps now facing a 5 year mandintory sentence and several million in fines. Nice senerio of phisher sites and e-mail spams working in concert to steal your identity. Needless the site and all their others are off line now.

Nice list of domains who spam for a living or mad money can be found at http://www.znet.com/blocked-domains.html
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Strangely, I only got about 1/10th the usual amount of spam today. I wonder if it's got anything to do with this case?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

OMG, I almost went to work for those guys when they first opened that office in Boca!! It WAS a bunch of shiesters!

They wouldnt agree to me only working 20 hours a week for $60,000 though

"...distributing advertisements via the Internet on behalf of advertisers and brokers."

Ahhh... SPAM by any other name.
    I am referring to email, of course

Fred

Reviving this mail coz theres some gooood news!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050812/..._privacy_trial

"The jury convicted Scott Levine, the owner of defunct e-mail marketing contractor Snipermail.com, on 120 counts of unauthorized access to data, two counts of access device fraud and one count of obstruction of justice."

"Statutory maximum sentences for his convictions total 640 years in prison and fines of $30.7 million, though his punishment likely will be much less under federal sentencing guidelines. Sentencing was set for Jan. 9."

cheers!
    -nishith

ABW Ambassador
    >640 years

The guy would get out in 2646
    Ya think ABW would still be around?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ya think ABW would still be around?
    Yeah and we'll be complaining about whatever parasiteware mutates into 640 years from now

By then it'll probably be "thought hijacking mind-hacks" that interfere with the "biochip interface" people would have in their brains, that would normally allow them to order things with just a thought!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread