Question What's the Basis for Google facts?
    Lucky webmasters! Just when you thought online marketing was getting boring, Google has decided to throw a punch with a new algorithm for ranking its search results.
    You've been spending too much time link building. The links to your site aren't going to be as much help as the facts.
    The Facts -- the facts -- the facts!

"So on what basis will Google determine whose information is and isn’t deemed 'trustworthy'?"

The article "Google overhaul would radically alter search results" merits a textual examination
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/google-ov...WLzE67kUhUc.99

This article explains the idea of quality with facts further: "Should Facts Outrank Links As A Google Signal?" http://www.webpronews.com/facts-may-...signal-2015-03
    Last edited by Rhia7; March 7th, 2015 at 03:16 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"Google plans to bias its search engines in favor of the supposedly factual accuracy of the sites to which it links"
    Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...wesley-j-smith

"Google is considering putting itself in charge of online truth, in order to assist users in an age of information overload." http://rt.com/news/236681-google-tru...orithm-search/
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Yeah, and Google has no priorities or preferences that ever get reflected in their search results.... totally neutral, great judge of character and quality, can never be fooled by black hatters, right?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

4. Thanks From:

and affiliate sites? would they immediately discredit them or actually dig in and analyze the content . . .

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It sounds like this is still very hypothetical - a "Maybe" it will be done scenario. But, if it can be done right it is a phenomenal idea and not only would result in far less credence and authority being given to articles that include, or are totally based upon - outright falsehoods, but it would also open up top SERP results to previously ignored sites that just publish good, reliable information without regard to all that hard, technical seo-type stuff.

Hard working affiliates who spend their time researching and creating original content should be thrilled with the concept.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    Instead of trying to fact-check content on sites for ranking, I wish they would check the cited sources of a given article instead. I hate seeing top-ranked news articles that cite their sources as Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, or [insert name here].wordpress.blog...just to name a few. I know there would be a lot of potential for issues with that too, but if I had a preference, I'd rather have that be determining rankings, not the actual content.

How is it going to differentiate between an opinion piece and a "must be hard-facts" article? That's another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    How is it going to differentiate between an opinion piece and a "must be hard-facts" article? That's another question.
    My initial reaction to the idea that Google now prefers a factual presentation was that I thought of bogus items for sale online such as diet pills that will help someone to be thin in three days
    Could this be a way of eliminating bogus claims?

I'm not sure if Google's objective is to sway opinions; we'll have to see.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I hate seeing top-ranked news articles that cite their sources as Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, or [insert name here].wordpress.blog...just to name a few.
    Therein lies much of the problem. I would have to say that you are basing that statement on personal views rather than objective standards, which again begs the question as to the approach that G would take. For your information, Huffington post is widely considered one of the most authoritarian and reliable news sites on the net. In fact, NewsTrust rates it number two in their Online Trusted Sources category, just .2 points from the top spot, and Daily Beast also gets excellent ratings for their honesty and reliability.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread