how many websites for affiliate marketing?
    I have a few ideas about how to start affiliate marketing websites, the idea I have is to own multiple websites that make small sales. For example lets say I make $10 per day on a typical website.

$10 x 365 = $3650 a year per website

$100,000 divided by $ $3650 = 27.4 or 28 websites needed to make $100,000 per year

$250,000 divided by $3650 = 68.49 or 69 websites needed to make $100,000 per year

cost per website
    $10 year domain divided by 12 = .83 a month
    $8 a month hosting x 12 = $96
    $20 a month marketing x 12 = $240 a year
    TOTAL = $28.83 a month (start up costs) or $346 a year

$100,000 - $346 = $99,654 so maybe 29 websites to make $100,000 year and 70 websites to make $250,000 per year?

Can this be done? I'm not looking to make $30,000 a month on one website, that's like hitting the lotto if I get lucky and one of those websites turns into a pot of gold? I was just being realistic with $10 a day, maybe I should shrink that down to $5.00 a day, thoughts anyone?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    "Can this be done?"

With a staff of one or two dozen people, maybe.

You obviously have no concept of what it takes to create and maintain a single website that will draw sufficient traffic to garner even close to a single sale a day.

Do some reading here and you can lean a bit about the business and what it really takes to become successful.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It'd be hard to automate all of that. It might make more sense to focus on creating one site that offers something really worthwhile to customers and making more than $10/day off of it.

4. Thanks From:

I don't know, Id rather start a bunch of small websites, and make small money with that over time as stated above. Its hard to start a single website and try to get rich off of that, I was just thinking of a bunch of small websites or maybe 5 websites that make $20,000 a year. $20,000 x 5 = $100,000 a year

$20,000 divided by 365 = $54.80 a day
    $20,000 x 5 = $100,000 per year
    $20,000 x 10 = $200,000 a year

Can that be done?

Instead of putting all my eggs in one basket, (one website) start a bunch of websites selling different things. 28-69 web sites sounds like a lot, maybe lower that to 10? thoughts? is it smarter to diversify?

I believe the only way anyone can make a decent amount of money is to work very hard at it day in and day. It is not at all easy the way some people would like for you to believe, and definitely not a part time job if you want to make decent money from it.

it's possible to do that well, but unlikely.

to learn for yourself how hard it is, try setting up ONE website, and work on it till it makes a reliable $10 per day. keep track of the number of hours you spent on it, and all the expenses.
    The internet is a fad.

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by gibson View Post

to learn for yourself how hard it is, try setting up ONE website, and work on it till it makes a reliable $10 per day. keep track of the number of hours you spent on it, and all the expenses.
    Hey Sean Penn... (aka jeff spicoli) This is great advice ^
    No way to know if it is possible with 29 or 70 websites until you are making $10 per day with one.

Keep track of all the time it takes to build one and get it consistently $10 per day (not the first day you HIT $10... but $10 consistently over, say, a month). At that point, a LOT of people who are reading these threads would be interested in hearing your experience. And then you tell us how many hours it will take to develop 30.

First steps first. Can you have a site up and running in a week? ready.... set..... go. Let us know!

Lindy

11. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Is it possible? Yes.
    Is it likely? No.

Would venture to guess the majority of affiliates never come close to $100K/year with any number of websites. Granted, you could very well be the next Golden Child of the online world - only you know what you are capable of doing.

One way to find out - dive in...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to start with one and then once the ball starts moving with that, I will add one per week until I have 10 good ones. Maybe $100,000 is a little high, lets make that $50,000 a year income.

$50,000 divided by 5 = $10,000

$10,000 divided by 365 = $27.40 per day

Another question is the start up costs associated with starting an affiliate marketing site?

Domain is about $10 a year
    Hosting $8 a month
    Marketing firm $20 a month, they are supposed to help out with e mails, and marketing your website.

Is that around ball park figures?

Also, another idea I have is buying websites

check out this site for example, costs $5,000 to buy profits around $500 a month x 12 = $6,000 year?

So instead of starting a website, just buy one that already makes money?

So lets say I buy small websites that earn $100 a month x 12 = $1,200 year
    $100,000 divided by $1,200 = 83.3 websites?

thoughts?
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; March 18th, 2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Removed identifiable information

Quote Originally Posted by gibson View Post

I would like to see this too! One site, $10 per day. You can start a progress thread in this forum with links to proof of income.

Gus

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You'll hear lots of promises from companies, as if the internet works automatically that way. I wouldn't count on someone to promote your website for $20 a month to generate any regular or quality traffic. One thing to understand upfront - generating lots of traffic is not difficult to do, BUT generating quality traffic that actually purchases something, produces a qualified lead, or is worth paying for is a much more difficult proposition. It will never work out based on the process you are trying to use here.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

16. Thanks From:

Have you picked what you want to promote to earn your $5-$10/day?

Any idea what your average commission per transaction will be?

Careful about buying an existing website - many of them out there are newly registered with fake stats and/or promises. The seller will turn around the next day and list another domain, with the same spiel.

Be careful of paying anyone to 'market' your business - many are nothing more than spammers and con artists who know NOTHING other than getting you to pay for hollow promises. Best to learn what it takes yourself - then you may be able to properly vet an organization or person to represent you and your efforts. And, it won't be $20/month - not even close to being that low...

so how much will it cost me to run my site and start my site?
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; March 18th, 2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Removed identifiable information

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You'll need to do the homework yourself for that situation with that vendor.

Honestly, while it all sounds good and very scientific to do it the way you are considering, if the internet worked so easily on formulas such as that, don't you think everyone who's been working online for the last 15-20 years would have already done it and cornered the market? Instead, the people with that amount of time in the industry are sharing their experience to tell you how things really function.

It just doesn't work that way, no matter how good or easy those websites make their products/offers sound. The only ones making money in those situations are the people who sold you the system.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Or could I start a website and just sell it on flippa? someone would buy it?
    Domain name $10
    Host $10 a month
    total costs $20 to start and then sell it for $100 for a $80 profit?

ABW Ambassador
    Was math your favorite subject. I won't blame you, it was mine too.

But forget the math for now. You are doing it backwards. $100000 / x # of sites / 12 months / $y per day. It looks good only on paper.

First create a site that makes $10 per day.

$10/day sounds like a easy thing. Really, trust me, it isn't. It will be much easier to bump that $10/day when you get there to $20/day and then to $30/day than to stand up another brand new site and get it to a $10/day potential.

$100000 / x # of sites / 12 months / $y per day is counting chickens before they hatch.

22. Thanks From:

24. Thanks From:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw8cut8SUaw

I don't know? I'm going to start small, start out with 1 site, see how it goes, and see if I can sell it for a profit, make up bullshit sites, somebodys willing to buy them, take a turd polish it, and turn it into a golden nugget? who knows? I make some bullshit site up, somebody else buys it, I make a profit, the guy/girl that buys my site might know more about websites then I do can turn that website into a huge profit for themselves. Its like I have a piece of shit car, someone buys it from me, they happen to be a mechanic and fix it up themselves and make money off it?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    That's it - thread closed
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

27. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread