OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    From Catwalks To Conversions: How Bloggers Become Successful Through Affiliate Market
    Interesting article from the blogger as affiliate perspective. The majority of bloggers are terrible affiliates as they don't understand the technology and are only interested in free products. They should team the free products with monetizing their blog posts with direct to product affiliate links so they get justly compensated for driving sales through their sense of style and eye for fashion. I am hearing chatter about blogger networks trying to create the technology to get the bloggers closer to the affiliate link. At least bloggers need to know about third party tools like Skimlinks, Viglinks, Prosperent, etc. so they get some compensation.

The best fashion brands recognize the importance of these influencers by understanding the true value they bring. Bloggers at the top of their game contribute millions of dollars in new consumer revenue by simply mixing their personal style and personality with their ability to choose the right partners and host affiliate links for brands they love.
    Article here:

Portland, Oregon
    In the 5 or so years I've been running my style blog, it's been interesting to see the tide turn when it comes to brands being interested in working with us. Once a blogger figures out that being part of an affiliate program can be more than simply throwing a link or banner on their site, that's when they can team up with a merchant to make everyone a lot more money.

Many of the bloggers I've met over the past few years don't quite understand how to monetize using affiliate - they know that it can be worthwhile, but they don't always get it. I'd like to see affiliate managers doing more to educate bloggers on ways to work together. A savvy blogger should be looking for the long-term payoff, as opposed to getting the free stuff. Free stuff is nice, but what if you can deliver sales and make commissions on a bigger scale? The free stuff will show up.

Great article - lots of good tips and info for people interested in taking things to the next level!

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread