Target's New 1 Year Return Policy - WTF?
    Man, you just can't make this stuff up... Got this via Impact Radius just a few minutes ago. I can't imagine why they would send this out to their affiliates? Look, we have a 12 month return policy? (Yay!!!???)

Once again, we have demonstrated that we are committed to putting our guests first by providing an easy and convenient shopping experience!

We are excited to announce that we have implemented an enhanced return policy that allows guests to return select items one year after purchase.

Effective immediately, your readers can bring back Target’s exclusive owned-brands, with receipt, to a Target store and receive a full refund within one year of the item's purchase date. The new return policy applies to over 70,000 items from all 32 private-label brands, like Merona, Nate Berkus, Liz Lange, Mossimo and Threshold, C9, Xhilaration and Chefmate.

But that's not all ... guests using Target's Baby or Wedding Registries will now have up to a year from the registry event date to return or exchange items.

Also, REDcard holders receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items…yet another benefit that will make promoting our acquisition programs an easy decision. And did we mention...we pay out $8 on REDcard sign-ups, $6 on Wedding registry creations and $4 on Baby registry creations? Details and links for our acquisition programs can be found below.

Complete details on our new one-year return policy can be found here. As always, we value your partnership and look forward to a successful 2015.
    Last edited by isellstuff; March 20th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    EAN? They moved?

Question is - how does this affect affiliates?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Target in only on Impact Radius.

Re affiliates, it wouldn't surprise me if they extended locking until the year was up.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yeah, my bad, thought it was EEAN, but it was still Impact Radius. Guess I was too busy laughing.

My expectation was that they were going to apply reversals for up to 12 months and I was getting this warning ahead of time with a feeble "positive spin". They can't extend locking for 12 months though, who is going to wait 12 months to get paid? That would be ridiculous!

Phil, you can move this to the Impact Radius Forum. Sorry...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

5. Thanks From:

What's another 8 months to wait for payment?

<rhetorical>

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Phil, you can move this to the Impact Radius Forum. Sorry...
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    What's another 8 months to wait for payment?

<rhetorical>
    They already take 45 days to lock but then do not pay until 60 days later, and (we) affiliates stand for that. Would not surprise me to see them keep extending these periods to see how far they can go.

At least they spell it out. Look how long it takes to get paid by Walmart, but there is no info available about what, it any, guidelines they follow.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Done

They already take 45 days to lock but then do not pay until 60 days later, and (we) affiliates stand for that. Would not surprise me to see them keep extending these periods to see how far they can go.

At least they spell it out. Look how long it takes to get paid by Walmart, but there is no info available about what, it any, guidelines they follow.
    One of the things we are doing is culling the herd for slow-pay merchants. Won't be applying to join programs with crazy ass lock dates, either. This is NOT Impact Radius specific, BTW - all networks allow this sort of thing. Why not? Not a network out there that doesn't lean more to the merchant side of things than affiliates...

I'd like to see numbers on this kind of thing - how many of their customers are actually returning something that far out from when they initially purchased it? I don't think I've ever returned something after that much time has passed. Weird.

I too am curious how this will affect affiliate commissions.

Not ALL affiliates stand for that. I used to promote Target and did fine back on the GAN platform - that turned to crap at EAN (only a few sporadic sales). I "tried" following Target to I/R - but all links are now gone. I don't need Target and Target certainly does not need me. I see no sense stressing over a (for me) very low ROI endeavor.

BTW - The only reason I bother looking at posts like this - is because I usually read what the folks posting here have to say.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread