Canadian merchants
    Do Canadian companies usually list their product/service with existing affiliate networks or simply create their own stand alone programs and market directly to affiliate marketers? I ask this question because it seems like the Canadian affiliate landscape is somewhat limited.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    It works both ways. We have many programs from Canadian merchants exclusively for sale in Canada, and we also have many merchants who sell to both the US and Canada. The Canadian market is definitely smaller than the US, but there are some decent programs and affiliates for sure!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thanks JCrooks - does it make sense to list on a Canadian affiliate network or should I try to recruit Canadian affiliate marketers directly?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As a long, long time affiliate who has never been on the merchant side, I've always wondered about merchants who try to go it alone without the significant benefits of a network, unless it is purely the cost factor that deters them.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Let's put it this way. No one knows you. No one knows your company. No one knows how you will convert. No one knows if your tracking works properly No one knows for sure that you will pay them. You don't know the affiliates you are talking to, and you probably only have a few screening tools at best. You may want to consider an affiliate network.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Think this might be a bit more convoluted than a simple do this/do that approach.
    I know I have seen some threads on this but how many of them are for up here, I'm not sure.

Might I suggest you speak with some of the OPMs and network reps here who can probably give you some good tips on what direction to go with an initial consultation/chat. There might also be some info in the merchant forums as well so you should see about getting access to that area too.

As for the affiliate side I personally prefer working with networks but have in the past worked with private programs with some success. There is a feeling of confidence that I have a better chance with getting paid, etc with merchants in a network but ... the reality is ... no matter who you work with, or what platform, there is always the possibility of issues arising.
    There are multiple threads on what we prefer as well, but either way you go, affiliates are out there.

Wow ... long winded post for a niche I have nothing to do with.

not sure if I helped or not but good luck.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Dammit ... see the other thread made we want a coffee. I started this post while getting one and finished after and everyone answered already.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Thanks for the feedback and comments - I appreciate it. I have applied with the networks I could find here in Canada with no success (yet). I hadn't considered or known of OPMs before joining this forum earlier today. How do I find "good" OPMs that would work with a Canadian merchant? How would I know if I could trust them?

There are many OPMs listed in the Outsourced Program Managers Sub-Forum. You can start there for sure. I'm not sure who handles Canadian programs, but they'll let you know up front if they do.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread