Recruiting Affiliates on Social Media
    Anyone try recruting new affiliates on social media? just curious if that's worth the time...or not. If it was successful for any of you, if you can share what worked for you that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking about posting an image with a brief overview of our program, and a link to join it. I'm working with a craft beer apparel company and I'm trying to recruit craft beer bloggers to join their program. my pages are large craft beer centric social media pages so i feel this would be a solid approach. who knows

I probably wouldn't go that route. I don't like getting targeted via social media - I'd rather get a personal contact via email or DM or something. Aside from potentially annoying people, I'd also be worried that the people who are following you/looking at your shirts/buying your shirts aren't necessarily the same audience that would want to sell them. Most of them probably wouldn't know what an affiliate program is (unless you're a beer business blogging site or something ) You don't want to alienate your presumably happy buying audience by introducing something that isn't relevant to them.

I'd do it the old fashioned way - recruit directly as opposed to using social for it.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Absolutely agree Chubstr, unless you're an OPM and your account is set up to specifically reach affiliates.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Thanks From:

I've seen Social Media as recommended medium for finding and recruiting affiliates in many articles on the topic, although I'm personally really skeptical about it. Especially when it comes to Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin groups - a great majority of them are just too chaotic to get your message delivered through the endless spam-feed. Even if you get few affiliates jump on board, I doubt these would be capable of bringing quality traffic.

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeClicxy View Post
    I've seen Social Media as recommended medium for finding and recruiting affiliates in many articles on the topic, although I'm personally really skeptical about it. Especially when it comes to Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin groups - a great majority of them are just too chaotic to get your message delivered through the endless spam-feed. Even if you get few affiliates jump on board, I doubt these would be capable of bringing quality traffic.
    Agreed - it's going to depend on the audience you're reaching out to. Social media recruiting is a hard sell unless you've got laser focus, and even then, I'd start out with small tests on those relevant audiences.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread