Second website?
    So my website takes a lot of energy to keep up to date. Long story short, I must write at least 6 posts a day, and due to the nature of the blog I sometimes never know when a post must be written. Also one Friday post takes 8-10 hours of work. Then there's getting it on social media and interacting with fans. In all, I must work on this blog at least 6 hours a day and I'm barely getting any money for it. I've also been tossed into home schooling my oldest, so now there's that. I don't earn enough to warrant hiring someone to do the posts for me. I've been trying to get a few hours in before I start the home school thing, but I'm so exhausted that I am (finally) sleeping regular hours and don't have time for more than two posts a day.

I got to thinking that perhaps I should slow down on that blog for now and start up a different one- one that only requires say one post a week. It would be somewhat related. If I did that and linked between the two pages often, would that help boost my first blog in search engines? I'll be able to go back to full-time in September.

Second question- I was banned from Google Ads for some reason last year (not sure why as they don't tell you). Is there another way to boost my site in search engines (Pay per click I think it is?)

I've hit a plateau and I need a new strategy.

I'd drop what I'm doing on the first blog if it's taking that much of your time and making you no money. If you don't want to drop it, maybe look at ways to retool it? I'm not an SEO guy - I write for my readers and get a good return from that. I'd recommend that your second blog be something you know a lot about, or that you really enjoy. That'll make it easier to keep up (and probably quicker when it comes to creating content). Look for a space that needs to be filled, or a place your voice will stand out as unique, and try to go from there.

It's still going to take some time to build it up, but longer term, it sounds like it'll better serve your interests. Good luck!

Well the thing is, this first website *could* make a lot more money if I had the time, and it's exactly what I know most about. I teach people how to use coupons. In one day there can be between 5-10 coupons released, and at least two freebies a week. Combine that with posts on how to same money on X or get a deal through Y, and it really does take up a lot of time. I was surprised at how much I can make if I put my nose to the grindstone, but for the past 3 weeks as I haven't been able to devote as much time to it as I should, I've probably made about $30. I have a lot of readers, but they're not looking to purchase anything (at least not online). I'm thinking if I went with something else I enjoy (but am not an expert in), between the two of them I ought to be alright.
    I'm currently working on recruiting friends to help with the first blog, and hope that works out. I would feel bad abandoning my current loyal readers. *sigh*

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    While I can understand your passion about telling people how to save money and get things for free, you won't earn much commission on something with a basket value of $0. Until that blog is built up to the point where you start getting free items for review or paid posts because of your audience size, it's going to be a labor of love rather than profit. You need to decide your priority for your limited time. It's a challenge many affiliates face. Only you can decide.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Why does it take so long to write your posts. I can research and write a post in about an hour. If you write 6 posts a day, then why not schedule them to be posted one a day for 6 days instead of all at once.

As for adsense. They tell you why they ban you, and you probably know why. But, you can just google ad networks and you will see there are many places that will serve ads on your site. Most follow the same "basic" set of rules, so if you were banned from adsense then you will probably get banned from them as well.

al
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Free Email List Building Course[/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.theinternetdollar.com"]The Internet Dollar[/URL]

agmccall" Because they need to be posted on the same day for the niche I'm in. If I find something valuable enough to write a post about on Monday, the value will be gone by Tuesday. Posting when the offer is invalid is useless to my readers.

JCrooks: And this is where I sit. My passion just isn't very profitable (at least not the way I'm currently going about it). I do have a another, secondary interest I'm lightly considering which would not require as much commitment, and I'm sure somehow I could send some traffic to the initial site from that one and therefore still offer assistance to people who are looking for it. But it is obvious that something has to change if I want to continue running this site.
    Last edited by Can-Do Attitude; April 6th, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

I agree with posters above, if it's not worth your time and energy then why keep wasting it? Although I don't really understand if your blog is all about shopping and you list coupons - how come is that: " I have a lot of readers, but they're not looking to purchase anything "? :/

Sorry that wasn't quite clear. My site is about physical coupons you use in-store. Not too many readers are interested in purchasing online unless they can get an amazing deal using coupon codes. Even then, if there's an opportunity to use an in-store code, they will do that since they're out using their paper coupons anyway on weekends. I can catch some people who are just looking for online coupon codes, but those are people just using Google and aren't regular readers.

Also helping others save money is my passion. So I don't mind "wasting" some time on it, as it kind of moonlights as a hobby.

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread