Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cool how to choose , recruit and optimize publisher for a retailer affiliate program
    hello to everyone

this is a question very simple and I pleased to everyone who will help me

i need to create a presentation for my uni about how to find, choose, recruit and optimize affiliate for a online retailer that just launched a new affiliate program in italy. the business sells replica design forniture .

please help me

leila

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The members of this forum are professionals who spend their time earning a living in the real world. We are not a science project.

Some members may have the time to re-visit their college days and spend time on a school project, but it's doubtful. We have businesses to run and real work to be done.

That said, if you search the forum you will find hundreds of prior threads asking these same questions and voluminous responses with a wealth of information.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Definitely research here before asking questions. I'd also try to take some time to think about it organically. If you owned the furniture business, how would you find and choose affiliates? Put yourself in the shoes of the business owner, and I bet a lot of the ideas you come up with will be the right ones. Good luck!

sorry
    ok that is not for a uni project
    i just joined a new company and this is a real business, real money , no science.

i think my question was really simple and did not want to bother anyone .
    I would appreciate if anyone could kindly help me in this task.

thanks

So you are a liar is what you are telling us.
    And lazy, really, but the focus should be on the honest and integrity filled approach taken to introduce yourself to the boards.
    Student ... employee ... who knows what the hell you really are.

So with that said, where's the line up start to help you out?

I'll be heading in the opposite direction.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I am sorry but I don't think i did a big mistake

I just thought that the aim of a forum is to share knowledge, experiences and advices.

I am ot a liar but I thought that people would be more moved to help someone who is at the beginning of his career like me , trying to get the knowledge trough the online channels like this forum.
    It s disappointing discover how people are more happy to attack young people instead of helping them.I am actually both a student and a professional. i hope this would help you to understand my request and not to judge me.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    "i need to create a presentation for my uni" after saying you were a grad student.

Don't turn this around on us - you didn't follow the rules AND were untruthful with us and YOU are indignant? Give me a break.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

i need to create a presentation for my uni about how to find, choose, recruit and optimize affiliate for a online retailer that just launched a new affiliate program in italy. the business sells replica design forniture .
    ok that is not for a uni project
    i just joined a new company and this is a real business, real money , no science.
    I am ot a liar but I thought that people would be more moved to help someone who is at the beginning of his career like me
    Liar:
    noun
    a person who tells lies
    Manitpulative:
    adjective
    influencing or attempting to influence the behavior or emotions of others for one’s own purposes:
    Dumbass:
    Word Origin

noun, Slang: Vulgar.
    a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead.
    Look through the posts here ... which you should have done before opening your yap.
    You will see a TON of knowledge freely given.
    You will also see we like to think of this place as a community.
    Finally you will also see that we dislike being lied to, manipulated, etc and so forth.

It's sad really, that you don't understand the mistake you made. That you lied. You broke your word. And that it's not acceptable. Your sense of entitlement is strong. Sadly, your moral compass is not.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

10. Thanks From:

A. The Mission of the Forum is as follows: To serve the affiliate marketing community by providing ever-increasing information and benefits to an expanding community, by and for the community.

I thought this was the mission of the forum

and then I received personal insult as well

It's a community. It has rules much like any community.
    You are more than welcome to participate. Just be truthful and don't be manipulative.
    Personal insult? I think not. Your BS was called. When you disputed it, it was clearly defined in order to help you understand.
    If you don't get that then there isn't much more that can be done to help you understand.

is there any chance I can kindly have any form of help from the community?
    I think there was a misunderstanding ...I just need an help

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I would recommend that you spend some time searching the forum for previous threads on those topics. Use your imagination for keywords, as you'll find even more threads and information that way. There are many, many threads on recruiting affiliates.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

many thank Jcrooks

Leila,
    Not poking or provoking. This is legitimate advice that has already been given to you several times already.
    Use the search function and read, read read. There is a ton of info here, but YOU need to access it.
    The tools and info are right in front of you.
    THEN, ask specific questions if/when you need more information.

Edited to add ... Jeannine beat me!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    leila86 once you have invested some time in the forum I am happy to discuss specific questions. How to choose , recruit and optimize publisher are each long processes that merit their own thread. I am not going to teach a course here but am happy to discuss each topic. First you have to put some skin in the game. My first question would be what are you doing now? You can't get to the 2nd and 3rd steps if you don't understand the first.

18. Thanks From:

Red face
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    leila86 once you have invested some time in the forum I am happy to discuss specific questions. How to choose , recruit and optimize publisher are each long processes that merit their own thread. I am not going to teach a course here but am happy to discuss each topic. First you have to put some skin in the game. My first question would be what are you doing now? You can't get to the 2nd and 3rd steps if you don't understand the first.
    I passed some time reading the forum and searching the web and I have some question
    my business wants to launch the new program in Italy, so I thing that these are the thing I should do

1-looking for network that would host my program, but then what are the criteria to choose one?
    2- go on google looking for blogs, ecommerce that I think suit my product and then make a list and start contact them?and again what do you thing shall I follow as criteria?

my product are design forniture replica , chair and lamps, i can give the name of the brand if you want to have a look but I am not sure it is allowed.

thanks

i really need some help please

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Here's a very old thread comparing affiliate networks. While it will tell you more about US networks rather than ones with offices in Italy, it will tell you some of the points to consider when considering a network. From there, you'll need to decide which items are the priorities for you and your company.

It won't be easy to attract affiliates initially for a brand new program. You'll need things like what your conversion rate is, program terms & conditions in place, and countless other items. One of our ABW members, Geno Prussakov, wrote a book about affiliate program management. Reading that may be the best place for you to start.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

22. Thanks From:

if the company has already launch a programme in an another European country how is possible to see from outside the program and understand the criteria?

You need to research Italian affiliate networks and other European networks. At minimum they need to have an office in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    It won't be easy to attract affiliates initially for a brand new program. You'll need things like what your conversion rate is, program terms & conditions in place, and countless other items. One of our ABW members, Geno Prussakov, wrote a book about affiliate program management. Reading that may be the best place for you to start.
    I as an affiliate have this book and found it useful. An excellent start.

Also in line with the thread suggested above, I found this thread yesterday and wanted to share it. HERE It links to the ABW thread mentioned above but also to an outside link that has a bit of useful info.

Many thanks for your help
    Do you think that it still worth recruiting affiliate without a network? How can I benchmark my competitors?

You can follow competitors on the networks if the network gives you their rankings and EPC. Then compare that to your numbers.

For in-house programs you wouldn't be able to compare. If you have a blog or affiliate site you can join their programs and receive their newsletters and email communication. Also you can sign up for their consumer emails and know what their current promotions are.

Many thanks
    Another question : let' s say i sign up with a network and
    Want to find affiliate for my programme and invite them . How can i do this?shall i go on google ? And what do i have to look for?

There is a list of popular networks here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forum...-and-Merchants

Otherwise you will need to search. Understand you are joining their affiliate programs as you the affiliate (publisher). Here in the US we use the term affiliate to denote the publisher and merchant to be the advertiser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast