Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where Should I Host My Domains?
    I've been digging around the old threads and was surprised to find nothing... certainly nothing recent.

I have three domains to host and will add more later. Can anyone suggest something? Cost and uptime are the biggest factors. I'm not sure if I need dedicated or shared hosting... But will probably go with shared in the beginning to keep costs down.

At least one will be a Wordpress install.

I used Dreamhost several years ago and had a good experience, but that was a personal site (not hosting AM offers, which is my intent with these new sites).

I'm interested to year y'alls opinions and suggestions.

Thanks, guys!

I'm biased both in my scorn towards the company in the thread and my infatuation with the handsome devil that started this thread.
    There are a couple of recommendations further down in the posts.
    As well, Convergence can pm you a recommendation for a company that I believe several folks around here have signed up with.
    Another that was sent to me that is, at last check, not connected to the folks that own HostGator and all those other companies listed is WebHostingBuzz.
    Saw they have a forum here but don't think it's been active for a while.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

3. Thanks From:

btw ... seems to be an issue with your profile settings.
    Location is showing the entire cj signup url which is overlapping onto your posts.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks PD.

Over on Warrior Forum, I found a $1.99/month lifetime deal through Interserver.

(http://www.warriorforum.com/web-host...ng-coupon.html)

Can't beat that price ... But I've never heard of InterServer before. Hmmm...
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; April 6th, 2015 at 07:25 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You get what you pay for...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Just be careful going in as more often than not you get what you pay for.
    And no, never heard of them either.

Forgot:
    I've learned not to put cost above all else with my hosting ... took a couple of lessons though

9. Thanks From:

So...you are planning to start a business and are considering spending only $1.99 a month on infrastructure? Doesn't seem like you are very serious about it being a "real" business. Just sayin...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

All the big and well known hosting companies are performing very well you can choose any and they are also offering very nice packages.

I think it will be self promotion but if you not willing to spend money then you can use free hosting its unlimited without ads

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've used Hostgator for years but now that they have eliminated fantastico, it is no longer fast and easy to install wordpress.org. I would avoid them if you're used WP. Also their customer service has gone downhill - their reps do not seem as knowledgeable or as helpful as they use to be.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

14. Thanks From:

Spread your assets
    Pros and cons for them all really.

Those who have one domain and no problems are less likely to have had any issues.

Those with loads of domains are likely to have had some issues.

Certainly go for one that has credibility and longevity………..even if they do have a few hickups occasionally.

Price is always a factor but this in itself shouldn’t be a deciding factor as I can go to go daddy, hostgator and Bluehost etc and they all give different prices and all have their good points and bad points depending on who you speak with so if you are simply hosting because it’s only $1.99 per month then uptime/down time etc is irrelevant.

As a brick and mortar business owner and an internet marketer I laugh when I see internet marketers mulling over a $15 per year saving over one host than another and then see them justify it by saying that they have a better uptime or a better wordpress installation etc. As if $15 is going to make any difference whatsoever to your business success.

My business rates are $3,000 per year before I even get out of bed so I won’t be squabbling over a measly $15.

Let me give you a piece of business advice.

Never rely upon one supplier. If you have multiple domain names then you shouldn’t be placing them with the one host, regardless of who is cheapest this month.

Spread your assets, as the cheapest this month may be down or out of business next month!!!

The internet is a wonderful place. Full of cheap maroons who come and go and who just can’t avoid the WF for a spending spree. A fool and his money…….
    Last edited by Jonah; May 10th, 2015 at 12:13 PM.

Welcome, Jonah. While not an "introductory" post, what you wrote contributes more to the conversation than 90% of first-posts ever do.
    Never rely upon one supplier. If you have multiple domain names then you shouldn’t be placing them with the one host, regardless of who is cheapest this month.

Spread your assets, as the cheapest this month may be out of business next month!!!
    Excellent advice.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Don't do iPower
    I've been a paying customer of iPower the last 8 years.
    Have plenty of domains and parked sites hosted there.
    If it was easier to transfer sites would've done it a while ago.
    They have integrated partnerships that make it easy to install scripts and software, such as Wordpress.
    Hackers find their way in somehow tagging a site with adware which iPower detects then suspends your entire account because of one site.
    Like I planned to infect my own site with adware. So they send an email upselling users to purchase a deal with some service that helps 'clean' up your site.
    Got me thinking that iPower adds the adware themselves to add incremental revenue.
    I took my sites down finally, even though they offered me a full year of free service. I am afraid to upload my site and content to their hosting again as I can lose business because of their ruthless handling of long time paying customers.

Do HostGator!

My suggestion for your is to try and contact 4Goodhosting because these guys offers reliable web hosting with excellent uptime based on my experience. The main factor about them is the support service. They are always online 24 hours and they will respond to you within few minutes and not hours just like other hosts. The pricing is reasonable so you can use them for sure.

If you have cost related problem then you should use shared hosting but if you get huge visitor for your site then obviously you have to turn on dedicated hosting as here is no problem with uptime and bandwith so in this sense I would be love to go with Godaddy or HostGator

Hello, I am using scalahosting , they have good and cheap hostings. and I have been with them for 7 months - VG.

Of course Cost and uptime are the biggest factors.In order to improve the experience customers have on your website, you should get in touch with a reliable provider so as to get the desired hosting services. I'd recommend to go for companies like Bigrock, Bluehost India. They are having good server uptime. Their cost is also reasonable.

I've used hostgator in the past and i was very satisfied with their services. If you need ultra reliable hosting i would highly recommend Liquidweb (it's pricey, but the service is amazing).
    Right now i run my sites from a VPS hosted in canada (OVH), it's very fast, i chose this because of my environmental beliefs, i don't think data centers should be in hot areas because they use a lot of energy for cooling, Canada is a great place for data centers because it's cold !

23. Thanks From:

My advice would be to register all of your domains seperate from the hosting company, this way if there is a problem with their service and you wish to move it is just a case of changing your nameservers, and not getting into an argument about a domain name transfer.

I use hostwithlinux.net for my blog. I've had 100% uptime all year. Other than planned downtime from them. The owners are really active and for the prices of their vps hosting. You can't beat it. Tell them that Eddie from lifeisablog.Com sent you and you might get a discount. I'm not affiliated with them so you might not. But I'll shoot them an email and let them know to be on the lookout for you. If you decide against. Good luck in your search. I can also try to get your first month free for you if you'd likeep to just try them out for a month. They're really flexible with everything. The owners name is Edmund.

Where Should I Host My Domains?
    Just close your eyes and pick bluehost. No doubt its best. Just got for a 3-5 year plan that will be very cheap. Not only the price but I am recommending them because of their support services.

Quote Originally Posted by OH Jordan View Post
    My advice would be to register all of your domains seperate from the hosting company, this way if there is a problem with their service and you wish to move it is just a case of changing your nameservers, and not getting into an argument about a domain name transfer.
    This is the most important thing to consider. Never have host and domain combined!

Domain, look at namesilo, namecheap, name.com or godaddy (yes, they are great for domains but don't touch their hosting!)

Regarding hosting, there are plenty cheap options out there. For my business site, I use a local company charging $20 per month, but I also host some small sites and blogs with 97cents.net for less than $10 a year, and I honestly cant tell a difference with the speed (probably due to their SSD drives).

Good luck with your search.

28. Thanks From:

I agree def register your domains away from the hosting world. I use namecheap for that part of this world.

If you want a reliable and tension free time than try Serveria, I have been using it for past 2 years and I have not faced any issue at all, It is easily the best with having rocking servers which includes Multiple Gigabit Connections, 32 GB Ram, Daily backup, No downtime and 24/7/365 Active Support, it keeps our web site in safe hands!

Hawkhost's cheapest package serves me very well for basic websites/wp blogs. Never had a problem in years. If you plan on doing anything that requires more backend resources you might need a more robust solution.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast