How to use a twitter account with 170k+ followers to build an affiliate site
    Hi all,

I've recently been researching niche affiliate sites as a way to make a little extra money and in doing so I've realised my twitter account (a fan page for an english soccer team), which has over 170,000 followers, could be a useful tool to help grow the site.

Can anyone help suggest ways to make this happen?

I've got a website which accompanies my Twitter page which I could use. The site shares the latest news for that soccer team as well as opinion pieces from the fans. I can easily get 900 unique visitors per day but 99% of those come from the Twitter account. Is this a problem or a positive? It also makes literally $3 (if that) per month despite having AdSense ads on all pages.

I'm very new to all of this so please excuse my naivety. I would very much appreciate any thoughts or ideas on how I can utilise these assets to grow/build an affiliate site.

Thanks!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hello, and welcome to ABestWeb. There are numerous ways in which you can offer different items or services to your site visitors which maybe of interest to them. It's definitely a plus having a website, as some merchants don't permit direct linking from Twitter to their merchant pages. I can think of things like tickets, team items, travel arrangements for away games, etc. Email me through the link in my signature and I can provide more details.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Hello, I think the most important issue is to keep your voice and do not sound like you are trying to sell anything, otherwise your followers will start not trusting you. Then you have to find merchants that you really think they are good brands and you can mention them with short links (the affiliate network should have this option) so you can direct traffic to your merchant website or landing page from your twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Cervantes View Post
    Hello, I think the most important issue is to keep your voice and do not sound like you are trying to sell anything, otherwise your followers will start not trusting you. Then you have to find merchants that you really think they are good brands and you can mention them with short links (the affiliate network should have this option) so you can direct traffic to your merchant website or landing page from your twitter account.
    ehm... I agree with your idea

I think this will work try once

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Do you have a Facebook Page presence as well? You definitely should put up a site (I recommend WordPress powered) to further establish your brand that is linked up with your Twitter account and your FB fan page to help further connect with your audience and give them a place to come to for updates and more in depth coverage and insights. BTW - please get in touch at wtonkin //at// fanatics.com as I can help you monetize with gear from Fanatics.com and SportsMemorabilia.com
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

7. Thanks From:

You just share information on twitter. People should get some useful information from your post. Thus you can increase visitors to your site.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread