Does Linkshare even send the checks?
    Hi,

In March 2014 I ran my first ever affiliate promotion. Back then my site was very small and as a result I made less than 300 dollars.

Over the last 10 months or so Linkshare supposedly has sent me three checks.

Since the first never arrived they sent me another and another.

Yet, here we are. One year after the bulk of the money was earned and I still haven't touched a penny of it.

I have contacted them several times including a 15(!) minute call, but the answer is always the same: "We'll reissue the check and send it to you with the next batch. There's nothing more we can do."

They have outsourced their support department and it's horrible. No help whatsoever.

Now, since I don't live in the US one could understand one lost check, but three? I have received mail from countries much farther away than the US and without any problem.

I have stopped promoting the (Udemy) course but would love to pick it up again since it did well for such a small site as mine was.

I would love to contact Linkshare directly. Not the support department that has no power whatsoever.

Any ideas?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi HankDop,

The support team is doing the right thing, by requesting the accounting team to reissue your payment. Once our bank sends the payment to you via check, it goes into the postal system as it normally would and depending on what country you live in we really would not have any control over that.

It would be great if you can PM me your details such as your SID so I can look further into your account.

--Ranae

3. Thanks From:

Ranae,
    I don't believe HankDop will be able to PM you yet due to their newness. Could you suggest an alternative means of contacting you?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

5. Thanks From:

Thank you, popdawg. No I can't send private messages yet, it seems.

Thanks, Linkshare Moderator. They're doing the right thing by reissuing the check once, maybe twice, but three times? By now they should investigate why the check gets lost.

Like I said, I don't live in the US but I've never had problems receiving mail from countries farther away than the US. Not a single time the mail got lost!

Don't know if it's safe to publish my SiteID on a forum? Can I receive private messages? if so, maybe you can send me your email address so I can send you my SiteID?

Let me know if that suits you.

Hi HankDop,

I agree that sending out the check over and over again may not be the solution. However, once the payments get sent out by our bank and we cannot track it unfortunately. Can you check in your account that the address on file is correct? Once you do that, please send an email to agent[at]support.linkshare.com and put "Attention:Ranae" in the subject line and I will pick it up.

--Ranae

8. Thanks From:

I'll do that.

Thank you very much.

Well, it's been a while, but the issue is finally resolved.

I got paid yesterday.

No, I didn't receive one of those elusive checks. But Linkshare made a new payment method available: Paypal. And it worked.

I have been in contact with the Linkshare Moderator that offered his help in this thread for months, and I must admit that at times I thought I would never get paid.

But as it turned out, they had a real problem with sending out the checks to certain countries, and it's obvious that the guy is genuine and here to help. So he did a great job.

Thank you.

11. Thanks From:

Did you get hit with Paypal fees or did LS work it out with them?

No, I wasn't.

It was a small fee of a little less than $300 dollars. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

A $300 Paypal fee?

haha, no, sorry.

The money LS owned me was a little less than $300 dollars. Paypal charged me nothing.

Cool, thanks.

I stopped using the Canadian network altogether because they would only send me Canadian dollar checks which are a nightmare for me. The last check i got I tore up and threw in the trash.

Never even got notice that they offer Paypal now.

Well, I'm not even sure they offer it to everyone.

Maybe only to publishers in certain countries.

Hi bobby131313,

We offer Paypal as a payment option to publishers in a lot of countries, practically almost every country that Paypal operates in (which is over 200 countries). This feature was released approximately one month ago so it is fairly new. Below is the link to our blog post about it. See if you can set up paypal and contact our customer service team to request any payments not cashed to be cancelled and resent to you via paypal. Note that we do have a $50 threshold so you will have to wait for the payment to be above 50.

http://blog.marketing.rakuten.com/af...for-publishers

--Ranae

19. Thanks From:

Hi Ranae,

Could you tell me how long the paypal payment process ? I check my account, that the advertiser already paid on 9/22, but until now I haven't received my payment yet? I have changed my payment to paypal on 9/24.

Hi jiro,

We typically make paypal payments on a weekly basis but it takes a few days to transfer funds internally before the payments are sent to the publishers. Based on those dates, you should have already been sent a payment I wouldnt know if there is anything blocking the payment process for your account (such as the minimum 50 threshold). Can you share your SID/Tracking code so I can look up your account?

--Ranae

I'm not sure if sending SID in public is safe, but, I have sent an email with my SID to your email agent[at]support.linkshare.com and put "Attention:Ranae" in subject. Could you look it up?

Oh, btw my earning is over $100. So it pass the threshold limit.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread