Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question How Long Will You launch CJ & Accept Pending Offers

Guys,

May I know how long will you launch CJ and accept pending offers advertisers sent to you?

I invited hundreds of publishers to join our program and planned to increase their CR, but few of them give me response. I wondered if I should send them newsletters directly. Or should I wait for 1-2 weeks?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Van

Hi Van. While I don't know if we are a good fit I do know that I won't see your offer if you send it via their internal message system. Sorry.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

3. Thanks From:

Hi Bill, thanks for letting me know this! Then will you check the pending offers on your publisher home?

Very seldom. Although I am a 5-Bar publisher at CJ, I am striving to have all of our revenue produced through SAS and AL. I became convinced this is a good move (for us) because I recently moved one of our best merchants from CJ TO SAS. All I did was change the links in our (own, custom) master datafeed and saw our conversions increase.

Keep in mind that this is just me - and I'm sort of an oddball publisher.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Thanks From:

we have a program in SAS, too, but since we wanted to explore markets outside U.S., so we launched CJ....I will send invitation email one by one if publishers do not give me response

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Bill's not an "oddball publisher" - many of us have developed the same viewpoint after years of struggling through significant deficits with CJ's non-responsiveness and publisher-unfriendly attitude. I had hoped the new ownership would bring about some change, but I have not seen anything for the better.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

9. Thanks From:

I'm the same - I don't check new offers very often, unless someone from the CJ content publisher team pushes offers to me. Then, I only take offers that are super relevant to what I do.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I don't know how many CJ affiliates ever check their internal messaging... based on responses to communications I have sent, and offers I have pushed, not much. In the end, your best bet will be establishing direct contact with them, getting a relationship established, then pushing the offer to them once they expect it and are ready to act on it.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    We'd be lucky to check the internal email system maybe once a week on CJ.

As for offers pending approval - we check those several times a day - and decline 99% of those we have no relationship with. Why? because it's very likely we already have relationships with merchants in niches we promote. Most of the new offers received are not even relevant to our websites - those are nothing more than SPAM as it proves the merchant has never visited the site. There are other 'rules' we have about marketing certain merchants - and most new merchants do not meet those 'rules' - They will get declined usually the same day we see the offers. One of those rules is don't push us a weak ass offer that is the same as the public offer - sweeten the deal. We also are very strict about what country the merchant is in...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

13. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Great responses here, AMS take note. Its all about relationship building as affiliates are too inundated with emails from programs, networks, AMs. We need a better solution but haven't seen anything yet.

15. Thanks From:

Solution is called vetting.
    Solution is to allow affiliates to set parameters to not receive offers that do not meet those parameters.
    Solution is to block any merchant from sending offers/emails...

Well, as a new advertiser, we also shocked by their poor customer services. We cannot send new publisher email after launching CJ 12 days....and they asked me to wait...

Chubstr, I understand...with hundreds of emails/offers are sent to publishers' end, it's a huge work to view every offer. I also tried to contact someone in CJ who worked as publisher manager/representative, but he told me he had no publishers to recommend to us. I decided to send invitation letters one by one....But it seems some publishers did not read emails neither. Current affiliate marketing business model brings large work volume to both publishers and advertisers. Anyway, we need keep moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    One of those rules is don't push us a weak ass offer that is the same as the public offer - sweeten the deal. We also are very strict about what country the merchant is in...
    Convergence, thanks for the suggestions. I will take note of this in the future invitations.

well, I think the affiliate networks should take the responsibility. They have all the information and earn from advertisers and publishers. Current situation is they need additional fee for doing this...

I just took over a CJ account that is a new launch. The merchant tried to recruit through the CJ interface for the first few months without success. I am going to take it to the next step which is to use the recruitment tools in the interface but contact the affiliate directly.

22. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I just took over a CJ account that is a new launch. The merchant tried to recruit through the CJ interface for the first few months without success. I am going to take it to the next step which is to use the recruitment tools in the interface but contact the affiliate directly.
    I wonder how the CJ content publisher program (I think that's what it's called) is going? I believe they get advertisers to set up special offers for content publishers, then CJ's own team reaches out to specific publishers who have opted in to that program? I felt like it was a good step in the right direction, though lately I haven't seen many direct opportunities coming from it. New programs, sure, but in the beginning, the CJ content team was reaching out to talk about ways to work more closely with us than they have been lately. Either way, I like what they're trying to do.

I applied as the merchant (advertiser) over a year ago and never heard back. Thought it was dead?

I was managing a program on CJ last year when they were promoting it pretty heavily, and at the time, they were throwing a lot of resources into it. They did tell me that they didn't have a lot of publishers focused on the niche of the program I was running, so I opted to skip it.

As far as my life as a publisher goes, I'm still getting "content preapproved" offers from them, so I guess it's still there in spirit? I probably haven't talked to anyone from that team since the holidays.

26. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I applied as the merchant (advertiser) over a year ago and never heard back. Thought it was dead?
    Like magic, I just received an email from that team, with new offers and updates on what they're up to. Seems they are alive and well!

28. Thanks From:

chuck, I am doing the same thing. Good luck to us! Did you send email to them one by one? I did so, but I found it's really a large volume work. We need to browse publishers' sites, found their emails and send relevant messages...Do you have any good idea to reduce the work volume.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I think blocking merchants from being able to "Push Offers" is a little extreme... if you don't like the offer, turn it down, or pressure the network to build tools to allow you to put parameters in place for what you will even see in your Pending folder. They allow merchant to do it for affiliates, so why not the other way around.

On the merchant side, we should definitely all be sure that we do consider the affiliate/publisher (whatever) before we push offers and not be spammy with it. or, like I said build the basis for the relationship first, then push an offer that makes sense. Unfortunately, there will always be some managers out there who are ignorant or who just like to work in bulk who abuse this.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    I think blocking merchants from being able to "Push Offers" is a little extreme... if you don't like the offer, turn it down, or pressure the network to build tools to allow you to put parameters in place for what you will even see in your Pending folder. They allow merchant to do it for affiliates, so why not the other way around.

On the merchant side, we should definitely all be sure that we do consider the affiliate/publisher (whatever) before we push offers and not be spammy with it. or, like I said build the basis for the relationship first, then push an offer that makes sense. Unfortunately, there will always be some managers out there who are ignorant or who just like to work in bulk who abuse this.
    Affiliate filters/parameters would be a first choice. However, We get so many spammy offers it's a pain. We don't need offers for Air travel, web hosting, fad diets, CPA, etc when the site is a FASHION oriented site. We get the same merchants pushing the same non-relevant offers over and over again - sometimes day after day - THOSE merchants need to be blocked...

32. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Van Yang View Post
    We need to browse publishers' sites, found their emails and send relevant messages...
    We have no problem when merchants reach us through our site's contact page - providing it is relevant. Good thing is we can engage the merchant easier and on the flip-side we have great filters in place where very few spammy types get through and blocking those types is really easy. For example: I have contact links in my signature and do not get spam from doing so...

34. Thanks From:

Got it. Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast