Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I know this has probably been brought up before, but what kind of luck have you folks had with commision junction? I ask because I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that I'm getting screwed... but I have no good way of actually knowing.

Is it common practice for their merchants to "batch" transactions? Should I just be patient?

Hi
    Well, this probably isn't the view of some others here - but I'm happy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] with CJ, although only a few of the merchants I use actually produce sales - but thats not a problem, I just work on promoting those merchants.

Johnny Suburbs,

CJ, for the most part, in my opinion, FWIW, is currently is the best third party solution! Not flawed, but better than the others [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I don't feel that CJ is directly scr*wing affiliates, I feel it is a lack of information and internal logistics that they are guilty of. The CJ boards are CJ's method of allowing affiliates actually complain about a merchant. I have actually seen that they do investigate complaints from there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Some merchants do batch for reasons which range from holding the commissions longer to pure tracking issues. CJ will be placing an indicator, on the merchant signup page, to show if they do batch or not (per my suggestion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Johnny Suburbs

Don't despair if your not making much at the moment.
    There is NO EASY WAY to make money from affiliations. But, with patience, and the knowledge gained from reading message boards like this one, you will soon learn how to make the most out of CJ.

I used to wonder when my next 5 cent referral would show up. But at long last I have now put together everything learned so far and have started to gain from it.

As clicknasty says - stick to the merchants that work for your site.

My earnings per 1000 impressions has risen nearly 400% in the last month despite all the noise about faulty tracking and the like.

Keep at it - don't forget it can take upto 6 months before you get listed in some of the search engines - but to get a top listing you'll need to have content on your pages.
    A banner and a 'click here' link simply is not going to get you any worth while results.

PS Don't look at trivio.co.uk if you're after the secret cause you wont find it there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Uh oh, guffy is your other name leader? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    @ WebSearchEngines

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No.

just checking... i worry about reality [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have been a cj member for 20 months. I must admit the earnings for the last two months have been dreadful. I would like to point out that have been with bfree and link exchange for the same period and the payout has been 0 for the entire period. I am a supporter of CJ as I like getting that monthly check.

I get traffic... and I'm not expecting to get rich by any strech of the imagination. I do wonder about the tracking, though. I served up some 26,000 banner impressions the other day, got like 100 click throughs, etc... but no sales.

This has continued on a for a few weeks. Now it's possible people click on the banners to take a look -- I'm advertising things like "Attract Women Now!" which is pretty silly, but you'd think, odds are, that someone SOMEONE would buy something.

At the end of the day, I really don't care all that much. It's just something that strikes me as odd.

On that 1 merchant - Attact Women Now - is it me, or do they seem to have given up recently? My sales dropped off to zero over the last month even though traffic was steady.. I've replaced them now.. you still getting sales? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No... I'm not getting any sales at all. I did for a little while, but now I'm not getting any. I do think it's a funny ad though, so I'd kind of like to keep it. I mean, I'd probably click that banner just to check out what it is.

Lately, nobody has been coming through for me. Not t-shirt king, not that "Learn how to exotic dance for your husband or boyfriend" site, nobody.

:confused:

In some ways, I really dig CJ. They have exexellent stats, a good variety of merchants, etc... Anyone have a good reliable performer that they'd reccomend?

My 10 cents.

Hey guys,

About CJ, I think overall they do well. However, please be advised, before you actually select a merchant to post on your site, go to their website and check it. Some do this and some do not. I have noticed that some of those merchant sites couldn't sell anything if their life depended on it, their sites look like crap and are disfunctional. When going to these PROPOSED merchant sites they need to be something that YOU would buy from. Also, check for functionality. Some site look good, they just are lame when it comes to trying to actually purchase anything. A real turnoff to a potential buyer. One other small note. I noticed some people put on links to merchants that really have no relation at their site at all. When someone goes to your site they went for the content of your site, not because they pulled it out of a hat, use merchants on your site that can be related, like if your site is about communication, I would use, cell phones, TV, dsl, cable, web hosting and similiars. In that spare space you probably will have then you throw in a few off the wall merchants, ones that have no relation.

Hope this helps some.

Laters [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

CJ gives you a good, wide range of merchants. Alas, half of the merchant I have used in the past 6 months or so have left which is a pain.

Most of my revenues come from Amazon though - CJ fills in the gaps.

One good thing is the Open Marketplace, so you can see which merchants produce good sales, which ads work the best, the reversal rate etc.

My largest transaction on CJ was a car loan that was taken out through virtualbank.com. My brother-in-law actually took out the loan and he only heard or virtualbank through my site. I had been in communication with them and they said the loan cleared and I would be paid in September. Then I got this email.

quote:
    I have a customer under that name whose loan funded on 7/31, but nowehere within CJ does it show you referred any business in July. I checked under Omega Resources, Inc., MyFutureMall.com, and David Coons and there were no records of any business submitted.

In addition, that deal does not show, within our system, that it was referred by a CJ affiliate nor does our internal application # for that loan show up in CJ.

I''m confused. When was it submitted? Do you have any further information on it? I''m not trying to get out of paying you, I just do not have enough data to reconcile the deal back to you at this point.

Let me know.

Steve

So, to sum it up, I forwarded this message from my brother-in-law:

quote:
    You can forward this email on -
    I clicked through to VirtualBank from MyFutureMall.com for my autoloan, and frankly had never heard of VirtualBank until I saw it there. The loan was for $20,000 on a 2001 Chevrolet Venture minivan from Day Chevrolet. I don't know how the tracking works (or doesn't work) but I recall that I directly applied for and received pre-approval and everything right there online. I don't have the loan number here off the top of my head but can retrieve it if necessary. Though above information should be sufficient.
    Regards,

You can guess what VB came back with...

Nothing. Who knows? (The commission on that loan was $70.00)

YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VARY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

:cool:
    Problem Solved. I followed up, too, and the $70.00 is there.

quote:
    David:

The transaction has been keyed to CJ. You will be paid.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve

Follow-up to VirtualBank (CJ):

In a bit of irony, after all of the hoops that I had to jump through to get my payment, CJ placed VirtualBank on 'the black list', so they are out of the program anyways. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Has everyone lost several CJ merchants?

ABW Ambassador
    Serveral hundred [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I seem to lose more every time I check.. about 1 a week

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    During the Big Flushes (first in Jan or Feb and then in June/July) I lost a whole bunch of merchants, but it's stabilized now, with only the occasional exit.

ABW Ambassador
    I made 3,700.00 with Cj in March. In August not even 10% of that. I have one good sale merchant left there. I am still doing well, it's just that my money is coming from six different places now.

If you ask me Cj shot themselves in the head when they announced the .30 min charge per transaction.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, Any ideas on that project yet?

Breeze,

quote:
    If you ask me Cj shot themselves in the head when they announced the .30 min charge per transaction.

Indeed!

The % would have been good enough! and their fraud team would have addressed the bogus merchants!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I only have one good merchant from CJ! But, they, at 50 cents a lead, are very reliable. Go figure. They are related to the content of my site in no way what-so-ever. I have tried hundereds of merchants to no avail. Some have been related to my content, others not. And, I have TONS of traffic. I have found that sites that I personally just find interesting tend to do the best whether they are related to my site content or not. If I like the advertisers page, chances are real good that people who think like me, you know those who come to my page, will like the advertisers site, too. Well, those piddly sales are added to my one good merchant so at least they are paid to me because I always hit the minimum with my single good merchant. (Goddess bless them and keep them profitable! And, let them NEVER re-do their front page again!) If I went somewhere else with my ads, I would never get paid for the occasional sales because I wouldn't be earning the minimum very often. I hope I sell a bit for the Yuletide season.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish I was up there with the guys earning money from CJ but I'm not.

Then again, I have only just launched my second site and am still experimenting with the ads.

I set up links to funnymail.com and signed up two email addresses to test tracking.

I made nothing from those referals, me mails to CJ and funnymail went ignored.

Then CJ inform me that funnymail.com have terminated, and I remove all links.

A kindly soul in the CJ bulletin boards informed me that funnymail.com's definition of a lead involved the visitor signing up the three different services, and getting a third party to sign up to at least one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast