Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Some payments owed to you are now overdue
    I always thought that was up to the network to collect payments and write the "CHECKS" ??

Why should we have to chase our money on this network? Already have another network where they want us to do that!
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

2. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is not good to see.

I'm thinking we should have a running thread with the identity of merchants who have not paid.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Self-service network.

Relationships are between the affiliate and the merchant.

Affiliates do all the work. Network takes their cut.

Least that is what I've felt and seen, so far...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

5. Thanks From:

I thought I would chime in here to provide some clarity on how Impact Radius operates. A lot of people refer to Impact Radius as a network. Although we have many of the attributes of a network like aggregated payment and reporting, Impact Radius is really a technology vendor. Advertisers license our technology to manage their affiliate partnerships (a flat monthly fee). We do not take a cut of your commissions. We also do not manage the advertiser campaigns - we see this as a conflict of interest. Affiliates have a direct contractual relationship with each advertiser. We provide transparency on funds owed and paid. We provide contact information, should you wish to contact an advertiser directly. However, we do pursue past due commissions and work with advertisers to get their accounts current.

I hope this helps clarify things better.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Sure does.

How do we get our final balance and close our account?

You changed your minimum payout from $25 to $50. We had more in the hopper than the $25, but less than the $50 so we switched to a min. payout of $50 - once the merchant (Tommy Hilfiger) had FINALLY paid their remaining invoices with us, we tried to switch back to the min. payment of $25, but to no avail - no longer available.

Thank you.

We increased the aggregate minimum threshold, so there is no longer a $25 option ($50 is the lowest). You can request via support to have your account closed and your remaining balance paid out.
    Todd Crawford

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford View Post
    We increased the aggregate minimum threshold, so there is no longer a $25 option ($50 is the lowest). You can request via support to have your account closed and your remaining balance paid out.
    Can I do the same thing?
    You need a way to change the color of the merchant when their programs are in default so we can see without opening the merchants description when they are in default.
    I get so tired of opening up a merchant and they are in default.
    No emails or nothing, just like another network.

11. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is very revealing, and very discouraging.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

13. Thanks From:

Sent...

If an advertiser is overdue, you get notified right on the homepage when you log in. There is a link to the detailed data showing each advertiser and the amount overdue with further drill down to the actual transactions. In the vast majority of cases the advertiser is just late in making a payment and the overdue amounts are processed out (next business day) as soon as they are paid.
    Todd Crawford

As I said, we do chase down the overdue amounts on behalf of affiliates. We cannot pay out those funds until the advertiser provides them to IR. The reason we let you know of the issue is so you too can contact the advertiser. The more people contacting the advertiser about overdue payments, the sooner the issue gets resolved.
    Todd Crawford

The question really is why does Impact Radius allow advertisers to stay in the network if they have past due invoices going back months. I've noticed this to be true especially with affiliate traction managed programs.

canontree,

You have to consider that there are three businesses involved in the payment chain - advertiser, agency, IR. The agency needs to notify/invoice their client that funds are owed to affiliates. The advertiser needs to have their finance department process this request and pay the agency. Once the payment has cleared the agency's bank account, they then need to send the money to IR so the funds can get credited to their advertiser campaign and IR can process out the affiliate payments. IR will not credit the campaign until the funds clear our bank account. This whole chain of events can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. There is not intent to not pay, it just takes longer than desired due to all the involved parties.

I hope that helps.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    There shd be a sticky in this forum reminding everyone that IR is not a network. I never knew that until this thread. It's revealing. I don't think many here knew that.

Does IR enforce anything with the affiliates or the merchants. What if a merchant doesn't honor clicks and sales. Can IR do anything about it? Or will the affiliate have to sort it out with the merchant.

sam,

we expect advertisers to live up to their contractual obligations. if we feel or learn that this is not the case, we attempt to resolve the issue(s). the difference between being a network and not being a network is splitting hairs. there is only so much IR or a network can do regarding advertiser non-payment beyond terminating them.

likewise, we expect affiliates to comply with advertiser terms and conditions as well as ours. for example, fraud will not be tolerated.

please let me know if there are any additional questions.
    Todd Crawford

You have to consider that there are three businesses involved in the payment chain - advertiser, agency, IR. The agency needs to notify/invoice their client that funds are owed to affiliates. The advertiser needs to have their finance department process this request and pay the agency. Once the payment has cleared the agency's bank account, they then need to send the money to IR so the funds can get credited to their advertiser campaign and IR can process out the affiliate payments. IR will not credit the campaign until the funds clear our bank account. This whole chain of events can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. There is not intent to not pay, it just takes longer than desired due to all the involved parties.

I hope that helps.

There are Impact Radius advertisers with past due invoices dating back to January 2015. Why are they still listed as active advertisers? Impact Radius must be getting their "flat monthly fee" from the advertisers, on time. Is that it?

Your payment chain explanation is silly. We are not stupid. It shouldn't take several months from the locking date to pay affiliates. They're months and months and months past due, Todd!

[QUOTE=ToddCrawford;1204431 However, we do pursue past due commissions and work with advertisers to get their accounts current.[/QUOTE]

Well isn't that interesting..
    I just got an email promo from the affiliate manger today.
    And replied back asking if they still had an affiliate program and got a response that they still had one, and wanted to know if I had any further questions.
    I replied back. "We were about to pull your links as you have been in default status with IR for quite some time."
    He replied back with this was the 1st he'd heard of it and thanked me fo bringing it to his attention.

23. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Well isn't that interesting..
    I just got an email promo from the affiliate manger today.
    And replied back asking if they still had an affiliate program and got a response that they still had one, and wanted to know if I had any further questions.
    I replied back. "We were about to pull your links as you have been in default status with IR for quite some time."
    He replied back with this was the 1st he'd heard of it and thanked me fo bringing it to his attention.
    That's hard to believe. If he logs into his account, it will clearly tell him he is in default. Feel free to PM me the advertiser and I'll look into it more.
    Todd Crawford

25. Thanks From:

Todd any update on payments from your in default merchants????
    I've taken all your merchants that I belong to off our sites.
    This issue needs to be addressed. Not next year but "Yesterday".

Yup! Mr. Convergence.

I like beating a dead horse.

From my investigation, it appears the advertisers you are seeing in default are managed by the same agency. The agency bills its clients and after they receive the payment, they must then send the funds to IR and the payments get processed out. This has been an ongoing challenge and we are working with the agency to work with their clients to get more in sync so they do not keeping going in and out of default.
    Todd Crawford

Well, as you can see in our account there, there isn't any more activity for the merchants that we belong too.
    I've set my payment amount higher than what is owed to us, and don't expect to even ever join any more merchants on your network.
    When they finally make payment then I will contact you for final payment arrangement.
    I wish you all the best.
    And thanks for the reply..

Since I joined Target on IR it has shown that Campaign is currently in Default. I used to do well with them but not since they switched to IR.

Any update available on the Mr. Todd?
    It's been over 6 month since the 1st sale on one merchant that's been in default.
    Totally unacceptable.
    The AM's don't even respond.

32. Thanks From:

118 more days ....................

34. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast