Starting a cashback app/website
    I was looking into EBates and Mr. Rebates and Dubli Cashback Network wondering where they are getting there cashback offers from. Is there an affiliate supplier providing the percentages? For example, when it comes to Wal-Mart I have noticed that EBates and Mr. Rebates they give back approximately 2%. Dubli gives 1% for the free-members, and 7% for the paid vip members. How is it possible that the Dubli system has such a high cashback percentage? I currently have multiple groups, about half a million people, it is a saving/coupon niche. I want to create my own cashback network and funnel these people into it, building a large active network. If anyone is reading this, and has knowledge about these cashback networks and where i can get the highest percentages from big box stores, please get in touch. Let's build ...
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; April 19th, 2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: email removed

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Please read the rules - newbies cannot post any personal links, including their email addresses. Contact may be made on the forum, and follow-up can be discussed between posters.

As to your post itself, while there are many honest and well-respected affiliate marketers who have successful cashback sites, you will win no friends here by referring favorably to "miscreants" such as ebates, which was one of the pioneer sites using parasiteware to re-direct untold MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in commissions from affiliates by overriding their affiliate links.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    All these guys are doing is sharing back a portion of whatever affiliate commission they earn from merchants. To be honest, I'm not approving a lot of new loyalty/cashback affiliates lately unless they really hit a particular niche hard. Just too much cookie cutter garbage sites out there that doesn't really add value. Starting up in that space would be tough as you are competing with some giants that are very well established and capitalized. You'd better identify a weakness that the big guys have and improve on it dramatically, or appeal to a niche audience that is open for the taking.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Other sites can offer more because they get paid more - really that simple...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    As stated the big cashback sites carry a lot of weight and negotiate higher commissions. I work with niche cashback sites and give them a higher rate as I know they are splitting it with the consumer. You will need to reach out to the merchants and pitch your value proposition and ask for it. I remember my first CJU where a well known affiliate said you have a 50/50 chance of getting a higher commission if you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Please read the rules - newbies cannot post any personal links, including their email addresses. Contact may be made on the forum, and follow-up can be discussed between posters.

As to your post itself, while there are many honest and well-respected affiliate marketers who have successful cashback sites, you will win no friends here by referring favorably to "miscreants" such as ebates, which was one of the pioneer sites using parasiteware to re-direct untold MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in commissions from affiliates by overriding their affiliate links.
    Understandable. When will I be able to post my email or direct link?

And about Ebates, I had no idea they were moving fishy like that but after looking at ShopAtHome I think Dubli is the more popular site. Dubli pays back the most out of the companies I have looked into. Thanks for the insight. If you have any advice or tips please share.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    All these guys are doing is sharing back a portion of whatever affiliate commission they earn from merchants. To be honest, I'm not approving a lot of new loyalty/cashback affiliates lately unless they really hit a particular niche hard. Just too much cookie cutter garbage sites out there that doesn't really add value. Starting up in that space would be tough as you are competing with some giants that are very well established and capitalized. You'd better identify a weakness that the big guys have and improve on it dramatically, or appeal to a niche audience that is open for the taking.
    That is exactly what I am trying to do, I am just trying to figure out where to find the most valuable merchants who will pay back the highest percentage. I understand what you mean about your lack of favor for cashback affiliate programs, I agree. There are plenty of weaknesses that I have been able to identify. That is why I want to create my own platform to funnel my audience to. To add value, I want to create an educational system to teach about the power of cashback and coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Other sites can offer more because they get paid more - really that simple...
    How can I achieve that? Do I need to be established first? Now, what are the first steps of launching?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The ONLY places where you can link to your own site are the following:
    1) Site Review Sub forum;
    2) In your sig after sig rights are earned; or
    3) For Merchants, networks, OPMs and third party tools, in paid ads, including private paid forums.
    Sig and other linking rights generally come after 250 posts, so long as they not primarily "Thanks", "I agree" or "Happy Birthday". You can put your email in your sig.

You may want to look through some of the voluminous threads in the ParasiteWare forum.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    As stated the big cashback sites carry a lot of weight and negotiate higher commissions. I work with niche cashback sites and give them a higher rate as I know they are splitting it with the consumer. You will need to reach out to the merchants and pitch your value proposition and ask for it. I remember my first CJU where a well known affiliate said you have a 50/50 chance of getting a higher commission if you ask.
    Absolutely! Spot on. My biggest issue is figuring out where to begin and creating the structure.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Digital LLC View Post
    How can I achieve that? Do I need to be established first? Now, what are the first steps of launching?
    You need numbers for each merchant to get extra love.

First step - understand the niche...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

... so long as they not primarily "Thanks", "I agree" or "Happy Birthday".
    And for the numerous new "members" signing up lately ...
    And for the oblivious who need things repeated multiple times until they get it ...

Sorry ... let some personal frustration through
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

16. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Very Digital LLC View Post
    Absolutely! Spot on. My biggest issue is figuring out where to begin and creating the structure.
    Do you have a good-sized team of developers - or is it just you?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Do you have a good-sized team of developers - or is it just you?
    Hey Bill
    right now its only 4 of us.

Reason I asked about size of staff...just to give you an idea about size and scope...
    FatWallet, a mid-sized cash back site was acquired by Ebates a while back. I recall reading that they had about 50 employees.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

20. Thanks From:

22. Thanks From:

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread