ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Is this Datafeed Website Worth $250,000?
    Spent 20k on webdev
    10k on PR

Owes the web developer the 20k

Has little traffic

$200 commissions, $1000 in sales

Would you invest $50,000 for 20% of this business?

The site is basically a one page template with a basic datafeed system and the links go straight to the merchants, There is no catalog, categories, brands or much else.

There is not even a privacy policy, terms, or much else besides a simple "about us" page. yet she values her site at $250k going by what she wanted invested.

Well it gave me a smile and maybe some inspiration, if that site is worth 250k my websites must be worth at least 10's of millions

Here is the youtibe video http://youtu.be/Carc8WzT_Gs?t=16m3s

I'm not sure how long it will be there for, otherwise you can see the full version online but you might need to change your computer time to Australia or use a VPN

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/sh...n-1/episode-10

enjoy
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Well they use feeds but Price Comparison sites are fetching big bucks. A certain US online coupon company has just acquired a European company with over 100 Price Comparison sites (multiple sectors) for a very very very large sum of money.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp View Post
    Well they use feeds but Price Comparison sites are fetching big bucks. A certain US online coupon company has just acquired a European company with over 100 Price Comparison sites (multiple sectors) for a very very very large sum of money.
    I guess with good marketing and a strategy you could package an affiliate site as a great investment.

Also. my bad, they do have a brands page and categories although very basic but no product pages. All products directly link to merchant.

Apparently from reading their facebook page the site was down after the episode aired. I guess the 10k they spent on PR helped them get on the tv show which I guess may have been worth it just for the exposure?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    If they can attract Angel Investors they are assured success. I know one partuclar Angel Investor who has generated 500%+ ROI in 2014. It's big business now.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Uh, no...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

I want some of what they've been smokin'.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

8. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    The judges may not have known about affiliate marketing, but they did get the current value proposition of the site right. Any site can be a potential 250k worth site. It may take a year or 5 years or for ever. But right now it isn't at that point yet.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread