Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My sales at all the networks I use (CJ, LinkShare, Performics) are waaaaay down this month. Like maybe 30% of what I might average. Anybody else experiencing this? If so, do you think it's an effect of the War?

Tom

yes, and yes.

No, seems like a normal month.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    About 60% of last year's March totals.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Sales and commission will probably be about the same as last month for me. However, that's primarily because I had a great period before the start of war and a terrible time after the war. I had hoped to increase my commissions this month. Well, I'll just be thankful they did not go down.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Just like Ron.

I thought I could finally make as much as my old job for the first time, but I'm not holding my breathe. Sales went down too much since last Thursday (I guess partially because of the war, and probably because of other factors).

Well, to be more positive about the situation, I'm very motivated to build pages, and pages, and more pages...

ABW Ambassador
    some categories went down, some kept the same numbers, this month will be better than the previous for me anyway...

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    February was my worst month.

This month is a record month...mostly because I did alot of house cleaning (because of February), and some expansion.

I put some sleeping merchants next to their main competitors. Amazingly, I then started seeing reported sales from them.

I e-mailed one merchant about a reversal (a large commission) for one of the few sales I'd had for them in awhile. This has seemed to pay off in more reported sales since then.

It seems to be a game. Merchants push you to the edge and size you up. Stand up to them. They need you more than you think.

If you're having a really sucky month, sign up for some 1 hit wonder merchants. These are merchants that will report a sale almost the very day you put them up. Then you won't see another for 6 months. Just shorten the 6 months by taking them down after the first sale. Of course we don't know who these 1 hit wonder merchants are when we sign up.

Early this month I put up these 3 new merchants. I had a sale for each of them within 48 hours. Three weeks later, not another. Yea, coincidence.

15 years and counting
    Sales are down at least 30% on average.
    Expensive and luxury items are way down.
    I'm still doing OK for spring stuff, Easter is not far away.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Sales are up, but traffic is down. Seems since the war has started, I've been getting a better class of web surfer clientele....

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sales are off by about 1/2 since the war started. Still enough to not have to think about empl*yment, but not rich, either!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

When I saw Leader had posted in here I had to come running. If leader is having sales problems the war really messing with sales!

Core

"So it's a profit thing..." - Steve Martin

ABW Ambassador
    This is the best month I've had since I got into this game. (When you're at the bottom, you can only go up.)

I was worried when the war started, had a couple of terrible days.. close to loss-making figures.. but things have bounced back now

Good month here, but things are down a bit since the war started. Look at the bright side. All those people hoarding their money will go on a spending spree when the war ends

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'm down a bit from my affiliate sites, however, I gotta tell you, tarps are selling. I've sold some big tarps these last two months, so y'all might consider adding my program, if you haven't already. And those of you that have, if you haven't sold any tarps yet, email me, tarpguy@bluemarble.net , and I'll send you some keywords, pics and whatever else I can to help you sell.

In case you don't think there's any money in something like tarps, I currently have several $1,000 - $2,500 quotes out, and even one $15,000, multiple purchase quote floating out there. There's decent money in field covers, so if you're hurting on some of your other programs, consider giving me a chance.

Oh, and by the way, someone on this board just won $500 bucks tonight, as my quarterly contest just closed.

Anyone interested, just go to www.shareasale.com , and give my program a lookover. 8%, no expire, no parasites.

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

Going broke???

Heck no this is my best month ever. January was my best month ever and february was a close second now january is a distant second and february is a long gone third. This year has been the most incredible year of my life. If like a lot of people are saying this war has the economy in a lag I could only dream of what I will get when this is over and no I don't sell much duct tape

Doing about 15% better than last month, which has been about the rate over the last year from month to month (not counting December). I have notice less traffic from the search engines since the war began, but my regular - dare I say - "content" traffic is up again this month, and on average these new visitors are spending the same as new visitors in past months. The other thing that helps is most of my top producing merchants are those with recurring commissions. I have notice than even when new sales are down, people usually don't cancel existing purchases.

Mine about 20% better than last month, but yet less than 50% of my top month in September 2002. Only 3% reversal, steady since last month. Hope that it will stop there as I have got a big commission on a single sale, the biggest I ever got.

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

ABW Ambassador
    10% Down on Feb here

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Very hard to say.

We do every time something to improve our traffic and revenue.

It's hard to compare something that is different every single time.

We never do nothing for several months to
    make a statement like "We make less money since the war started".

However, I do believe, that the current War has Impact on Sales and Commissions and the Commission would have been higher without the war.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

March '03 was my 2nd best month ever. Generated $80,000 in sales through CJ spread across 8 merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm meeting my goals for once and managed to double my income three months in a row at Linkshare and CJ, despite the war .

Unfortunately, I don't have much new for the SE's to crawl to expect a repeat of this in April, because I was distracted by the war coverage too many nights to concentrate on work , but if sales "were" down because of the war , Only the Google and Inktomi Gods can possibly know how much better my sales would have been.

I have to say that despite tracking issues with week long gaps from some merchants , the war , scumware, etc. , I'm having a great year so far , and I'm not complaining.

March was my best month ever at CJ. And March went out like a lion. Really great sales yesterday sure helped! Can't wait to see what April brings. Put up three new sites in March and hoping I left the right offerings for the Goggle Gods.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

My total commissions increased by 25% this month ...

If everything goes fine i hope i can reach my year end commission goal by mid year

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast