Email Marketing Strategy Feedback
    I own an event website for beer fests. my goal is to get my visitors to sign up for free beer fest alerts in their state. so far so good, i'm getting about 50 sign ups a day. i'm using an ip reader so the list will show to the visitors state.

i'm using mailchimp. i created 50 lists for each state. when someone signs up for our newsletter..they'll be added to the list for their state. right now, i'm asking people just enter their email. i'm thinking this is the best way to do it.

i'm open to any feedback to fine tune my strategy. also if anyone can suggest an email marketing consultant to talk too...i'd be open to that as well. for my business model, i just want to get this right now because i feel it will be a great way to monetize my website.

So you mean to say you are just grabbing their emails and not sending them any offers that you want to promote. Mailchimp is ok if you are short of funds but my suggestion to you would be to use Getresponse because considering you are getting 50 signs up daily means in total 1500 monthly. The problem with Mailchimp is that you dont have template choices...while in Getresponse you get a lot of options.

it depends on the product/service that you are trying to sell. If you belong to an online bulletin board of some sort then you can post your website link or telephone number for others to view. You can also get people's email address this way as well. Also you have to be sure that you are fulfilling the guidelines of the fcc. For example, you have to be able to give the user opt in and opt out feature from your emails because you can get sued.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread