ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Important Merchandiser/Product Feed Update
    Hey all,

I know there are quite a few members who utilize our product feed so I wanted to share this update which should have been emailed to you as well. I think the biggest impact for all of you will be the removal of .lmp extension.

Rakuten Affiliate Network will be making updates to the merchandiser feed to improve performance! Check out the updates and highlights:

Removal of .lmp Extension
    lmp extension on your publisher files will be removed on May 21st, 2015. You will be able to see the actual file extension along with the approximate file size and use mainstream ftp clients to download and check files. If you utilize a process to modify .lmp files, then please make appropriate changes on your end.

Normalization of Availability Field
    Merchandiser now considers numerous values to identify if an item is in-stock, out-of-stock, pre-order, or back-order. The product will default to in-stock if no value is provided. Currently supported are English and Japanese translations. All non-Japanese feeds will get English translations.

Improved Data Quality
    Product feed quality has been improved with better support for handling product variants with Google feeds, validating UPC/EAN format, removing $0 prices, removing duplicates and making various format corrections.

Faster Processing
    Data feed processing time has been significantly reduced from when Rakuten Affiliate Network receives a feed to when it is available for download by the publisher.

2. Thanks From:

Ranae, here is the command I use to download a feed, do I have to change anything??

MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

This is good news, as long as everything has been tested well on your end. Note to Linkshare developers, test the hell out of this...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

5. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi kse,

You will not have to change anything.

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread