ABW Ambassador
    Hi all -

I signed up with Click Bank tonight b/c there are a few merchants on there I'd like to sign up with. After I completed the sign up I went back to read the payment policy. It seems like they take out payment for EVERYTHING.

Am I reading their terms correctly? Under Compensation for Direct Sales it says "From each sale you make we deduct $1 plus 7.5% of the sale price. This amount is debited at the moment of sale." If I refer someone to the merchant website, do I lose $1 plus 7.5%?

Does anyone use Click Bank? If so, what do you think about them?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Act Now Domains

ABW Ambassador
    Um, running a risk of looking foolish since I haven't visited the ClickBank site of late, but are you sure those aren't the merchant's terms?

I use clickbank (minimally) as a publisher and while they don't have a ton of programs appropriate for my site, they have paid on time. And I get a percentage (I think 15%, but I haven't checked it in a while) of the sale price (no $1 charge or 7.5%).

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Cedric --

I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep right now so anything is possible, most definitely my clicking on the merchant terms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] , but .... I think this is the right one. Here is the link to the clickbank payment policy.
    It says under Payment Preference that you can select when you want them to send your check out. That makes me think it's for affiliates. The Compensation part where they say they charge $1 per sale is a few sections below that. Do you think they combined the merchant and affiliate information? Very strange.

Also, when I click on the link request to get the merchant link a little box comes up that says "ClickBank pays you 50% (up to $100) for every sale you send to this merchant. Anyone know what's up with the "up to $100" part of that? That seems a bit strange too.

I'm not sure if all this seems strange because I'm too tired to see it clearly or it seems strange because, well, it's strange. Thanks to all for any and all information about Click Bank. I'm off to bed before things get any "stranger". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Kip
    Act Now Domains

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I'm working on about 4 hours sleep, so maybe we shouldn't be having this conversation, lol...

If I recall correctly, Clickbank treats everyone as a "member" -- so affiliates and merchants all get the same info.

As an "affiliate", though, you'll provide "referred sales" which is the next section under "direct sales". As I understand it, Clickbank processes sales (rather than the merchant processing them) -- kind of like PayPal, the merchant can accept credit cards without having a credit card (merchant) account. I believe those are the "direct sales".

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread