Favorite Tools & Widgets
    Affiliates! I am interested in hearing what linking tools or widgets advertisers or networks provide that you feel help you make more money/better monetize your sites? I am also interested in hearing your ideas for things that don't exist yet but you would find valuable. The more specific, the better.

Thanks!
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Alternatively, if you do not use or value widgets and various configurable linking features, please let me know. I know many of you just use text, product feeds, or basic links.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Hey Todd, for it's relative simplicity and ease of use in setting up a storefront, GoldenCan is worth looking at. I'm a fan of being able to choose specific products though, so something like SellFire is pretty cool as well (if they actually supported it anymore) One of the things I liked about Sellfire is that they had settings that allowed you to replace expired products in the feed with related products, or get a notification when a product was no longer in the feed or was out of stock. I always considered this a weakness of PopShops (liked them otherwise) but apparently, they have a solution for this now.

The keys for me are ability to easily populate a widget, support for the widget in common larger format IAB ad units, easy handling of expired product and some good filters including sale pricing at different levels if a partner wants to promote deals/deals of the day.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

4. Thanks From:

I like the datafeed web client option AvantLink has. I only use their datafeeds because from what I've heard about datafeeds at least I probably wouldn't live long enough to understand them and AvantLink's option is fairly simple.

I don't want to sound critical (but umm guess is going to sound that way regardless) I used to love Shareasale's widgets and even had several that were made for me that blended in with my site, Unfortunately though they needed to be updated by the affiliate managers and I was always having to contact them to get them to do so. In fairness to them, I realize was probably very time consuming having to do that and when am a small affiliate that may not have been at the top of their lists of things to do.

Don't know how hard it is to make certain options but I prefer any type of widgets to have an html link option Being able to customize them to match my site is definitely nice. (again, AvantLink has those options)

Definitely do like your deep linking tool (Now that I figured out how to use it. Nothing critical meant by that remark, I just didn't realize it existed for a while) I prefer to feature individual products on my sites. Again, prefer html options for links. Being able to choose what size image is a nice feature to have. Having a description of it is appreciated as well. I manually write descriptions for products and unfortunately not all merchants have a whole lot of descriptions on their products. Instead of having to make the link (isn't that big of a deal but would save time if was an option to choose what we wanted in the individual link, a click and the link was made for us would be nice)

Really am not that familiar with your network yet so things I'm saying may already exist. Sorry about that if that's the case.

A specific search for individual products would be nice for your network to have. If you're familiar with Shareasale's older version of Make a Page, I loved it. Some type of tool that would let me search for specific type of products (example purple bears) and then be able to get however many individual links for them at once would be very nice. (again html linking option is preferred)

Probably not possible to do but any type of widget or link that would dynamically update coupons, sales, etc. for an individual merchant would very much be appreciated (prefer the html option though and not sure how you would do that)

Umm, hint, hint any bear merchants at your network would be very much appreciated

Been up since early this morning so lil brain is fading at this time of day and can't think of anything else. Will comment later if I think of anything. Probably not very helpful, but you asked so I commented

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread