ABW Ambassador
    They pay $5cpm for exit popups. I have never heard any remarks about them. Anyone have a clue as to whether or not they pay?

ABW Ambassador
    anyone? They are pert of internetfuel if that helps at all?

5USD/1k uniques. Check gets here (germany[shudder]) 15 days after the end of month.

Quiet777

Need *my* link? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[bat speelink egain]

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Quiet777 ]

ABW Ambassador
    T7, How long have you been getting paid on time by them?

Yes sure.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, one more thing. Do they pay for daily uniques or just one time uniques or uniques across their network?

>T7, How long have you been getting paid on time by them?

Not too long. But so far, I am impressed and I will keep it.
    Someone else I know, is using it for quite some time now, and is doing pretty well too.

>Oh, one more thing. Do they pay for daily uniques or just one time uniques or uniques across their network?

From their terms:
    1.3 Your commission shall be earned on each full, initial page load which occurs when a user is redirected to the ExitFuel, Inc., system and the creative is allowed to load completely.

Here is the link.

Quiet777

ABW Ambassador
    It's a dun deal :cool:

ABW Ambassador
    Two warnings -- exitfuel spawns multiple pop-up windows and I have seen at least one ad for an adult site (the ad featured a busty brunette in a itsy-bitsy bikini and required you certify that you were at least 18 before clicking).

After trying to find some samples, I finally found http://www.womenindex.com/ which is running exitfuel.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What do you guys and gals do when you hit a common site ( news -search engine -portal -games) with Pop-ups or unders?? Thought so. Don't be so desperate for a few cents that your willing to poke your never to return visitor in the eye with this stick. Next road leads to spamm and spawning blind pop up exit scripts. You'll never see a popup or under at any site I manage. My clients like repeat business.

ABW Ambassador
    Okay Mike, So then please tell me this. How in the world would you monetize 50,000 monthly uniques to my site? I already have a newslettes and that is doin okay. As far as banners go, they may as well not even be there because nobody even looks at them. Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

quote:
    Originally posted by Cedric:
    ...I have seen at least one ad for an adult site (the ad featured a busty brunette in a itsy-bitsy bikini and required you certify that you were at least 18 before clicking)...

I just saw that ad too.
    Not everything that says "you have to be 18+" leads to a PU$$Y-site.

Quiet777

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Quiet777 ]

ABW Ambassador
    ...so... what did it lead to? Inquiring minds want to know...

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be willing to bet it leads to 'MovieNetworks'

That's the bad part about promoting exitfuel. That's why I am only running them on a limited basis and certainly to no members. That GreatNet thing pops and when you se that you know you got bad news. I am pretty sure the GreatNet download has an auto popup spawner. If you don't know how to uninstall it properly you may as well toss your machine out the window [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Next road leads to spamm and spawning blind pop up exit scripts~EcomCity"

LOL, the way I read it (on their site), ExitFuel IS a blind pop-up exit script. It said something about "when your visitors try to leave by hitting Back or X"...

Sounds like the old BackTrap to me! A real POS but if the people aren't going to buy anyway, let 'em have it!! Just don't expect them back...

So do these same negatives apply to exit exchanges exitexchange.com?

I ask because I have recently began using them and have a significant increase in exposure (traffic and sales are to soon to tell)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Breeze;
    The efforts to get 50,000 monthly uniques must not involve trickery or you cannot monitize the traffic with any form of affiliate program based upon sales. You can only get a top of page Ad display on a CPM basis or direct them to a second site you setup to generate sales. The #1 reason web surfers avoid banner clicks is they find no immediate value at the end of the click. The landing page is either so general requiring them to learn navagation or the incentive is buried under layers of intertestials -pop ups & unders.

The only merchants who convert well for me are those whom I trust enough to showcase them with pre-sell text or a seperate section within my sites. Don't buy into eyeball/page view schemes which operate like New Orleans street hawkers for tittie bars. Repeat traffic comes from bookmarks*** or merchant cookies and require content or even some form of reward or entertainment.

Popular sites have found that when they alienate first time visitors with Flash screens, POP-up give me your e-mail address to get this nifty prize, even before the visitor has a chance to look over the site ...get doomed.

Monitizing sites that don't deserve a bookmark is just a fleeting moment of glory diluted as the copy cats saturate the turf. Little bit like pissing into the wind. SE -pay per keywords with optomized landing pages to niche' merchants or products that do convert will always work. Tricking for clicks or CPM views is something I have no expertise in.

I'll never become a super affiliate because my real ideas to make it big require a substancial financial commitment and alliance partnerships that always seem to want to steal the ideas for peanuts and cut me out of the implementation/reward phase. Over 30 years I've pioneered many such industry shaking ideas only to be cut out by the backers who take them and cash out. Affiliate marketing to me is just a side line to see what works on the net for e-tailing clients.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread