I just got approved by Walmart. Is it worth marketing it?

XO, where did you find them? I have been trying to find them at Linkshare to no avail.

XO,

Not from what I have heard! :eek:

Haiko

Packy,

Here is what you can do:
    Write an email to: affiliateprogram@walmart.com and ask if they want to accept your site into their affiliate program. But make sure your site is not just a bunch of ads link and looks nice....The only thing is that you have to create another user ID at Linkshare when you sign up (but make sure you sign up using the reply email from Walmart).

Haiko,
    Hmm....Well..if it's not worth marketing it, may be I just put one small graphic link on my site just to make my site more believable. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

XO, thanks for the Information. I'll give them a try.

Not sure why they do that thouugh....not letting us use our current Linkshare id....
    may be they are trying to make $1.50 from Linkshare's referral.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lmao, The Cheap Bastards!

Wal mart invited us to join their affiliate program...so we did.

Sent them close to 4,000 unique visitors and got ZERO sales.

They have a 1 day cookie, so the chances of getting a sale are about as good as being hit by an astroid.

ABW Ambassador
    The cookie is too short for me to tout the program.

But overall it is not a bad program. The commission rate is ok, they have a wide variety of name brand products, great reputation, conversion rate slightly lower than similar programs.

You won't get rich promoting Walmart, but if you do it right you won't lose your shirt either.

quote:
    They have a 1 day cookie, so the chances of getting a sale are about as good as being hit by an astroid.

Um I know you won't believe this but um ah I was hit by an asteroid. Well the vehicle I was driving was. :eek:

Not kidding either, but anyways I've never heard any thing good about wallmart's affiliate program.

Using their name on your site could improve your customers opinion about your site but the result of that might backfire when they actually click the link.

It's probably better to go with a company that works for you and do your best at making the customer feel good about shopping at your site on your own.

XO, I sold a computer through Walmart on Friday. The stats are showing the clicks and impressions but no sale. The person that ordered the computer also hasn't gotten a comfirmation email yet. At the site It said it will take 7-14 days to proccess the order. Is that when the sale will go through?? Does anyone know how walmart works.. Thanks for the help.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    The person that ordered the computer also hasn't gotten a comfirmation email yet~Packy

BAD!

I don't know about Wal-Mart specifically, but every time I've had that happen, there was NO SALE REGISTERED! The person will probably also tell you that no Thank-You page ever came up (stalled--then a 404), or that they got an error page of some other sort instead of the Thank-You page.

What the merchant does about it is what separates the good from the duds. The GOOD ones will credit you if you provide enough info that they can verify the transaction. At those good ones it is probably a Real error and not intentional. As for the others, the lack of responsiveness would speak for itself!

I'm sure that a major retailer would normally do it the standard way--an IMMEDIATE confirmation of an "order received", and then another confirmation when it is processed. So the fact that no initial confirmation came is a BIG red flag that something went wrong. Since the auto-emailer is typically on the Thank You page, errors on that page cause no confirmation. Unfortunately, the Merchant-side Tracking Code is also on that page!!!

One promising note: Merchants who intentionally jack with the tracking code typically leave the e-mail confirmation working. So it was probably a legitimate error...

ABW Ambassador
    I've had sporadic trouble accessing Walmart.com pages for the past coupla weeks.

My guess is that since they did not get a confirmation page, the order did not go thru due to technical difficulties.

At this point in the season I would say their affiliate program is outstanding despite the cookie. In terms of sales and commissions, on our sites they are #2 only to Amazon.com this month.

These guys are not jacking with the tracking.

Thanks Jimbo and Leader, I should of cleared it up a lttle more. The sale was actually place at my house. The got the comfirmation page that the sale went through. I have the printout of the cost and everything and the transaction report. It says status is ordered. Thats what is worrying me. It went through no problem and the email is right. Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait a til the end of the week and try to get a hold of someone I guess.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Walmart.com is just after branding and driving traffic into their stores. When they finally bought this URL Walmart.com from some teenagers ( they were wal-Mart.com) they launched a invitation only program at LS.
    Results for 1 year:
    27-Nov-2001 | EcomCity.com- worlds most complete shopping community | Username :XXXXX

Sales and Activity Report

11/26/2000 - 11/27/2001

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Walmart.com impressions 282,174 clicks 3,849 1.36% 6 8 0 0.16% $592.35 total revenue $17.77

Now I haven't received a check from them ever ( monthly payout on 10.00 minumum) so I don't even know if they even pay. You'd make more hawking stolen t-shirts or lemonaid in their parking lot.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Well they got the confirmation email yesterday and the commission showed up today. Now if they only pay it.

Mike, I agree with what you say. I never do much with the bigger stores. I think I have had only one sale with KMart. Pretty much the only reason I use them is to make my site look a little bit bigger than it is I guess.

Heyder, I would love to hear the story about you being hit by an astroid. Has anything ever jumped out of your stomach and scrambled across the floor???

ABW Ambassador
    Don't worry. Walmart pays.

Jimbo, thanks! Glad to hear that. Hopefully they will convert throughout the year.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread