ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone ever made money with this affiliate program at Befree???

I just joined ... and 400 hits later ... no sale . Is anyone making sales?

They just upped the commish to 5% for the Holiday season ... But 5% of nothing is nothing ... wasnt that a song?

Regards,
    Dave

I never made much from any merchant at befree. I think befree is a scam. Send them hundreds or thousands of targeted hits and get ZERO sales? Come on.

I would like to use Best Buy, but not if it means using befree. Forget it.

-CK

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    no money there, but they havent responded 2 two e mails about questions I had about adding url's to acct. Just finished one site working on another. No answers to my mail=none of their programs going on my sites.
    Further to your question, do they answer any e mail questions from us. They make it easy to e mail merchant, but sure hide how to contact them.

I have heard other people make good money with Befree. I have never once had a sale from them, but I never really pushed them other than leads which I use to do ok with. IMO they are the worse of the bunch. As for emailing them, save your time because the only reply I ever got from them was we are just a third party tracking BS letter telling me to contact the merchant. I have had days when tracking wasn't showing for all my merchnats but they would tell me that it was the merchants and to contact them. Ya, OK.

Haiko, why don't you try to get them here to answer questions.

You have a better chance of seeing all the ice on the planet melt before you get a check from any BeFree merchants.

It's amazing how incredibely stupid about their business reputation the merchants on BeFree, Snare and CJ really are.

Don't they realize that if 1 million affiliates think your business practices suck they will tell at least two others and so on and in the end the whole net will know they are not worth doing business with.

I am showing I made $156.xx with them so far this month. I think when the program first launched the tracking wasn’t right as I had sent them several 100s of clicks and no sales ever showed up even though people told me they bought stuff through my links.

ABW Ambassador
    Either they are delaying reports or else tracking is turned off. I don't know how to find out since reporting.net will not communicate with affiliates.

Only Staples and bn.com seem to update reports daily. Proflowers and others have been falling over a month behind.

With such a strong lineup of well-known retailers, it would be worthwhile to put some pressure on reporting.net to fess up about what is happening.

ABW Ambassador
    Best Buy Revisited ...

Still nothing after a few hundred more click thrus. :mad:

You would think with no tax and free shipping on most items ...they would turn a sale.

Regards,
    Dave

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Best Buys just like Walmart and major brands like Martha Stewart -Landsend -Dell -IBM run their affiliate programs through BF or LS managed by computer illerates under their Ad agencies. You can't take them to task over reporting issues and piss poor conversion ratios since they don't answer e-mails. They could care less about sales commissions since they only are in it for free traffic and budgeted branding campaigns. Give BestBuys 5000 clicks over a year and you might get 4 sales reported.

I too have these majors displayed for creditability at my CyberMalls but they earn me squatt and often when I take one down like Computers-4Sure ( dropped out of BF and went with LS) my revenue goes up since traffic then goes to closers. Gateway ran a independent affiliate program on a CPM basis. One penny a click -100.00 minimum and quarterly payout. The actually only had to cut 9 checks in their first year...Ha ha. Merchants need to go elsewhere for Advertising campaigns since pay per performance networks need to show sales not traffic as their keystone figure.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread