Email: From & Subject <- Blank = Bad
    I just found out we missed out on an offer from a relatively new merchant right up the alley of a site we are working on. While it wouldn't have made a mint, it would have given us a bit of a boost of which every little bit helps.

The reason I missed it was due to it's location in my spam folder. Subject line and author (name changed) below:

Subject:

I should note as well that the actual senders email address used was for a parent company domain and not the program's name itself; often necessary but in this case, not helping the issue.

We all get a lot of email, too much of it spam. You are NOT helping your cause/program by disguising your email like the millions of spam emails floating around.

This is not the only instance of this, there are several every week received this way from multiple merchants.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Interesting that an email from a trusted source would go to spam folder due to blank subject line. Or was this a first email from that address?

This was the first two emails from the merchant.

I must confess though, if I see email with no subject or the author is blank or named the same way as this example, chances are I will blow it off as spam that got through my filters due to the amount that does.
    Might be time for better software as I have had an increase over the last several months.

That said I would think that as a merchant you wouldn't want to take the chance of that happening and see affiliates missing your messages.
    We don't respond enough as is.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It horrifies me to think a merchant would send an affiliate email, newsletter, etc. without a subject line.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Email clients need to have a fail safe - a warning that prevents you from sending if the subject line is empty. I can't imagine that it's not unintentional most of the time.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread