ABW Ambassador
    Do you promote promotions with NO end date
    The fantastic up to 70% off sale at Boux Avenue is still on, but HURRY, these great offers won’t last long!

For a limited time only, Boux Avenue is offering their popular Chloe underwear set for £25 only.

For a limited time only, Boux Avenue are offering free standard UK delivery on all orders.
    Though all the 3 example s are for one vendor on AffiliateWindow, this kind of promotions are there on each network, promotions without a clear end date. "Limited time", " Ends soon", "Won't last long" aren't valid dates. I can't store them in my databse. I put all promotions into a deals database and deals get deleted as they reach their end date. This way I don't serve old deals, and don't get into trouble with vendors who don't like seeing old deals being promoted. But with the "ends soon" kind of deals, I have no clue if I shd bother promoting.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Isn't that just a marketing tactic, saying "ends soon" when it really is a lengthy offer, so people will think they have to ACT NOW OR LOSE OUT?

I can't see merchants who promote this way changing things.

Of course, they COULD provide non-advertised end dates for the eyes of affiliates only. But that's too simple of a solution (or too much extra work for some).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I've looked into the account now, and those were promotions from an email which was just sent today. I believe that they may not have given an end date because it could be while supplies last, which then should have been mentioned. I will mention this to the Account Manager for that program so that the merchant can be encouraged to include that in future emails.

Since you are an Affiliate Window affiliate, I just want to make sure that you know that if you pull your offers from the discount code database, every offer listed has a start and end date. While not all merchants choose to enter their offers into the discount code database, you can at least always know the official start / end date for all entries.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; May 8th, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I've spoken with the Account Manager for that program, and she is relaying that future emails should include specific dates for promotions to the merchant.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

My thought on promotion with no end date is delivering a message to the customer to grab their promotion as soon as possible because, anytime they can end that promotion. No definite date. It could be at this moment, later, etc.

I do promote ongoing promotions (like "Free shipping with a $35 order"), but promotions that have a fixed, rapidly approaching ending date are going to perform much better.

I always like to tell merchants that their promotions will get the most exposure on the day or two after it's listed and the day or two before it expires. A really good short-term promotion (1-4 days) works wonders.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    We usually doing this kind of offer but I assured that affiliates will be notified via email when the codes at least a day it's expired.
    [URL="http://www.roc.ph"]Ron Oliver Clarin[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemanagerph.com"]Affiliate Manager Philippines[/URL] provides Outsourced Affiliate Marketing Management
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/www.roc.ph"]FaceBook[/URL]|[URL="http://www.twitter.com/roc.ph"]Twitter[/URL] l [URL="http://ph.linkedin.com/in/ronoliverclarin"]Linkedin [/URL]l US Phone: +1 (516) 3405402 l PH Phone: +63 (919) 8444311

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread