I want to know why in january immediately after the google update I saw a huge increase in sales due to having some great spots in google but after about two weeks the sales dropped to 1/3 of what they had been running despite no change in my customer base. Then February holds roughly the same as the end part of january. The month of March showed improvements up until the end of the month and then it grew quite a bit and yesterday was not only one of my best ever days but a good half dozen other people are saying the same.

What is up? There is no reason at all for sales to suddenly increase in a one day non holiday time period.

I have to believe something was repaired and that sales are now showing like they should have all along or that some duper is out of business.

You (CJ) will call it luck but that's bolognia so please explain what is up. Why for no reason did my sales drop in January and why are they increased again now?

Tax returns??

[This message was edited by Heyder on April 01, 2003 at 11:55 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Did you notice Tod is back again? He has not be actively posting but I've noticed his presence here earlier this evening.

Just a coincidence, but my best day ever was the day Tod came back to the forum after his previous vacation. (one month ago I believe)

When Google first starts dancing in a new update... some amazing things can happen. Your traffic may temporarily soar, or you may temporarily rank for some very valuable keywords. This of course can cause a spike in sales.

Anyway, Tod rhymes with God. When Jesus would appear, the blind could see, the deaf could hear, and the dead came back to life. When Tod appears, simular things can happen with your sales??

I'm not trying to start a new religion or anything. Just some casual observations.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    explain, me explain...
    Well you see I was going to the market with the cow, I swear I was, when on the way I met this man, and he had some beans. He said they was magical. And our cow was pretty old, and I I I.....

Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

Wow Heyder, if you don't mention it I won't notice it, I have amazing sales record on yesterday!

Since I have SID tracking, those are indeed visitors who came to my site yesterday. They are not **delayed** reported sales.

So, if yesterday is **normal** does that means CJ has track down less sales in the month of March?! --> Isn't they are busy upgrading something, and something about control panel 6.0?

quote:
    Originally posted by ojmoo:
    explain, me explain...
    Well you see I was going to the market with the cow, I swear I was, when on the way I met this man, and he had some beans. He said they was magical. And our cow was pretty old, and I I I.....

http://www.bovinebazaar.com
    Cow gifts and collectibles

Oh, I love your response. I've got to copy this down (or steal it out of one of my kids books) for future use. LOL

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread