ABW Ambassador
    Anyone have experience with these folks?

I was considering putting up one of their search boxes.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If not please recommend other paypersearch programs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: breeze ]

If anyone has already done the research on which ppc search boxes pay the best and convert the best, I'd love to post the info on my search box page and give you links in return. I am too busy making sales pages to get that done, and the page sorely needs to be updated.
    TIA

ABW Ambassador
    Forget it, I think I will avoid 7search. Thanks anyway.

Here's a real life deal about pay per search.

We had a Goto search box on a few of our higher traffic pages. Pages that get thousands of visitors per day. It took 3 years to get a check for $35.

However, when we changed the search box to a text link relevant to the content of the page it was on (eg. 'Click Here To Find More Astrology Sites.") we jacked up the click thru rate to a consistent 20% to 25%.

Now they owe us over $625 for this year which we will see when they get around to paying us. If ever.

Due to not getting paid in a timely fashion by BendOver (Goto's new name), we changed some of the links to GoClick and use the money we earn to pay for our keyword bids.

So far, it works well. We make about $50 per month from the 2 cent per clicks sent to GoClick and then turn that into a bunch of clicks coming our way that we turn into $250 or so in sales.

Never underestimate the power of a 2 cent click thru.

Good feedback Fred. I was thinking about trying GoClicks ppc listings. That way I'll just add their searchbox and have it deposited for more clicks. The one I am using now has taken me about 3 months to get to almost $25.00. Grrr, another 1.00 something to go and I can remove it. I normally would have pulled it awhile ago but I am so sick of leaving balances in programs that don't work and get to keep my money because I stop before I make the minimum. This one is about principle. Lmao, so what if I am losing money. I will reach the friggin minimum this time.

ABW Ambassador
    FWIW, I've been with goto/overture since 1999 and have made more than the minimum every pay period and they've ALWAYS paid. The current pay period has been their slowest ever about getting the money out, but befree now reports the monies as being paid, so I expect to see the check this week.

ABW Ambassador
    de-lurking

I don't understand.
    Why would you spend the time to get traffic to your site and be interested in chicken sh!t PPC droppings? Why not sell the surfer something? Keep that person on your site and make some real money. Help me out here.

ABW Ambassador
    Some of us, in addition to high sales sites, have high content sites that don't sell for squat. On those sites, you make ends meet where you can.

High volume traffic that doesn't buy diddly, does like to search. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Adam, I agree that you want to keep your visitors to yourself and hope they click on the links that are on your site. I use them on my 2 busiest pages that I promote with ppc. Most of the listings are between 1 and 3 cents. I figure if I can't get them to click on my links, I might as well try to get some of my ppc cost back. I don't use search enginges on my shopping pages and high commission pages though. Thats where I agree with you. I did use to have an exit for my visitors with a merchant search engine that paid commissions but that didn't convert and the commish sucked.

ABW Ambassador
    >high content sites that don't sell for squat.

OK got it.

Depending on the "content" you could get an adveritser to pay you per click or per sale and MAYBE make more $

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I am considering working with search123

Anyone have exp. with these guys?

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread