Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    This is just too DUH of Chip-N-Dough for a "mad" seal...and there's not a proper RollEyes for a message header (which is definitely what this one deserves)!

A lot of you will remember how I was looking for a cookie merchant after the losers Chip-N-Dough ditched out of CJ (leaving my commissions unpaid).

Then Chip-N-Dough paid the bill and came back, so I left their links on a couple of pages.

Of course, they did the New Advertiser Trick to "wash" their p*ss-poor old stats from the record! But I remember them well...

The old stats showed $0 EPC and 0$ for months and months. But since they were hardly eating any clicks (about 50 in all that time), I left their links up. It wasn't costing ME anything...

Then I made two sales. Their stats changed to about $3.00 EPC and 1$. This meant that yes--I had made the ONLY sales they had at CJ!!! Two stinking sales for their entire program!!! Wow! Until that point, I had seriously thought their 0 EPC had to be some kind of glitch. I mean, c'mon..."nobody" would really keep paying for NOTHING! (Since my sales were duly tracked, I do think they had really sold Nothing else!)

Those sales were Extended, then Chip-N-Dough was deactivated and the sales Reversed for lack of payment.

About a month or so later, the advertiser came back, paid up, and was on again. Yes, my sales were un-reversed and I got the $$$.

So I left their links on a couple of pages and optimized one for a certain Google keyword...

Now here's the kicker: Yesterday I got a Termination Notice from their program. Reason? No sales to date!!! Honestly!

Of course, I e-mailed them right back and refreshed their memory about their "old" program at CJ! And how I was the one that made their sales!

Apparantly they think that they'll lose their tax write-off if they sell ANY cookies at all!

Well, I also said in my e-mail that it would give me a story to tell on A Best Web so here it is.

Fortunately, a lot of my other merchants do a lot better than Chip-N-Dough, performance-wise!

Monstrphil, I hope you've got a lot of cookies--because your program (GiftTree) is the replacement! And now I've got those Cookie pages out from under the 100,000 computer cookie listings! (Hint: it's not under plain "cookies", that term's still crammed with content junk.)

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Now I don't feel so bad. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] They ditched me, too. Think maybe they're going buh-bye again?

I, however, had not been promoting them. I mistakenly joined them before checking their product links -- no pictures. {plbbbbtttt!} I would have promoted them, but it takes more time to dig around with the merchants who don't provide good links and I had a couple of more urgent promotions on the table.

Fortunately, for me, they weren't part of CJ when I started, so my cookie pages (as they are) are GiftTree. When I get around to promoting them, GiftTree will get the biz.

COOL!
    We got cookies (somewhere). If you see an item and I don't have a product link-give me a holler and I will put one up for you right away. In fact, if you see something that you want to promote and I dont have it up on CJ-call me. I'll fix that too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In fact, give me a holler anyway and we discuss "improvements" on our business relationship (improvements-of course). Everyone call me (especially you, leader. It gets lonely here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Cedric,
    Give me a holler too if you need anything.
    (Just in case you thought that I was leaving you out of the "everyone" part)

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Monstrphil ]

ABW Ambassador
    thanks, Phil. I haven't been promoting GiftTree heavily ... yet. But I'm working on Valentine's Day pages right now, so if I need anything, I'll let you know.

Dang, Phil. Too bad you don't pay ocmmission on XBox and GameCube. We've got a prine google listing for them and are churning tons of traffic--with no CJ merchant to point it to.

On the other hand, when your charging $495 for an XBox, I have to wonder why you can't pay a commission. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Phil is a real good guy and darn honest also!

He, indeed, is an asset to affiliates .... the smartest thing Gift Tree could EVER have done!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Leader - They dumped me too for reason:
    No Sales To Date

Forget about them, they are obviously expecting a hell of a lot more than what the majority of affiliate sites can deliver .
    I'd say that more than likely, they are leaving again with the new $250 a month min. spend at CJ .

First of all, have you ever heard of the Chip n Dough cookie company before CJ ?
    I never did, and by the way their site appears, it looks as if they are baked in someones house . Would you order those cookies ?

If I were looking to buy cookies , I think I would order from Mrs. Feilds or some other well known company. Screw them , I all ready told them what they can do with their cookies !

Lisa

Monstrphil--I redirected a link to the cookie section of your site. I don't do much calling (I hate it, actually--I'm a much better writer than a talker), but you can PM me anytime and I'll give you my e-mail address...

I've been up for what seems like forever, but after I get some Zs I'll give you a PM concerning some particular product links that I Really Want!

Lisa--You said, "First of all, have you ever heard of the Chip n Dough cookie company before CJ?"

NO! Which is exactly why I picked 'em. Things that are readily available in stores (Like Mrs. Field's) do not do so well on my sites... But an "exclusive" (or near it), that's another story! At least usually...

Oh well, it's their loss. The links were ripped the day I got the notice! Right before the holiday season, too...awwwww..

Monstrphil--I've sent you a PM.

Okay-I put up seven different cookie gifts in the food/sweets and snacks/misc area. Are these the ones that you wanted? Hope they work for you.

Monstrphil

Hey Lisa-Wanna put some of my cookies on your site too? It'll be fun. Just like old times, back on the farm. When Ma and Pa gave us cookies that they bought on the internet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now you know how come there was never any batter mess or scent-filled kitchen when cookies would appear! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread