View Poll Results: What's Your Most Favorite Browser For Windows?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chrome

10 52.63%
  • Firefox

7 36.84%
  • Internet Explorer

1 5.26%
  • Safari

0 0%
  • Other

1 5.26%
    ABW Ambassador
    What's Your Most Favorite Browser for Windows?
    I'm a royal IE user forever. But lately, I'm having trouble open some sites using IE browser.

So I tried Chrome(I know, I know, see evil do evil...). It does open the sites that won't open on IE for me, but I don't like the Chrome browser at all. Mainly because there is no way to add a menu bar to the browser.

After doing some research online, I decided to give Firefox a try because many people mentioned the lighting fast speed of the new Firefox version and the ability to customize your own menu bar. I like it so far.

I've had Safari installed on my computer long time ago(not sure why), but rarely use it.

I know many of you have had experience with different types of browsers. Would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts.

Firefox - Primary
    Chrome - Second by a HUUUUUGE margin and only because one web app I use works better on it.
    IE - Third

Lately, with the exception of testing it's almost always Firefox
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

3. Thanks From:

Yeah, I go with Firefox most of the time.

5. Thanks From:

I find Chrome the quickest and am happy with it.

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I use Gmail and Gchat so use Chrome first, also for the speed and apps I use with it. Firefox is second and run streaming news through it as a 2nd open browser. IE is only used for testing or not at all.

9. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Since this question was posed to only Windows users and NOT to Mac people, I won't answer that for years It's been Firefox No.1, then Chrome, and Safari occasionally, that I switched from Safari years ago because a few important sites were incompatible with Safari, that I am less and less satisfied with both Firefox and Chrome, and that since most of those sites that could not be accessed with Safari either no longer exist (such as Performics) or I no longer use, I may soon try going back to Safari, but I won't take up your time by posting this, because no one cares what Mac users have to say.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

11. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Uh oh, I just wrote a long reply and hit the wrong button. My reply was gone.

I saw the yellow "auto-save" flashing while I was typing. How do I retrieve the saved post?

Good question - you may have over-ridden it when you posted something different.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    Firefox, primarily for browsing and designing & tweaking sites. firefox + firebug is so easy to work with css modification, debugging JS/Jquery.

Chrome has similar add-ons and they work well too. Just haven't used it that much because of the learning curve.

I tried similar debugging & css tools once with IE... my bad I shdn't have tried. My laptop almost crashed because of the excessive CPU usage. I haven't gone back to IE since.

15. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Good question - you may have over-ridden it when you posted something different.
    I'm not sure what you meant, Phil. I hit "Reply to Thread" instead of "Post Quick Reply" and my post was gone.

Just curious what that yellow "auto-save" is good for.

Anyway, my lost post was basically thanking you all for sharing your thoughts. And I was asking if you or a Mod could add a poll to this thread because I couldn't figure out how to do it. I vaguely remember I saw a poll link somewhere before but couldn't find it anymore.

If you or a Mod could add a poll to this thread, please include the following options:
    Firefox
    Chrome
    IE
    Safari
    Other

Poll added and I'll inquire re the "Auto-Save".

18. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Phil. I assumed you've set the poll to vote one answer only?

I understand that many of you use multiple browsers for different purpose. What I want to know is which one is your most used. You could share your thoughts on your second most used, third most used browsers... within your post.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_park View Post
    Firefox, primarily for browsing and designing & tweaking sites. firefox + firebug is so easy to work with css modification, debugging JS/Jquery.
    Thanks for mentioning Firebug, Sam. Since I'm completely new to Firefox, it is good to know this kind of addon tools. I briefly scan through Firebug website, seems there are many things you can do with Firebug. I like the inspect and edit the HTML live feature. Will read some more about it.

I re-set the poll for one vote only.

22. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Phil.

I hope those who have posted so far come back and cast your votes. Sorry guys.

Firebug is an awesome component of Firefox! Really started using it over the last year and besides saving time, I've learned a lot too.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

25. Thanks From:

no one cares what Mac users have to say
    Not true. I used to do technical support for Apple and love Macs. But I use a PC for convenience, because most of my visitors use PCs. Though I guess we should all be taking more account of mobile devices nowadays.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Chrome, FF then only if forced (some of our internal reporting only works on IE) IE.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

After switching to SSD I have no fav browser anymore. But I use Chrome for important bookmarks and file downloads and FF for some plug-in action. I do general browsing in IE, including reading this forum right now.
    I also use an old version of Avant browser with JS turned off for specific sites where multiple JS popups/redirects are possible .

chrome is the best.

So a few days ago I wrote this:

... I switched from Safari years ago because a few important sites were incompatible with Safari, that I am less and less satisfied with both Firefox and Chrome, and that since most of those sites that could not be accessed with Safari either no longer exist (such as Performics) or I no longer use, I may soon try going back to Safari,...
    Well, I tried going back to Safari the last two days, and I again found it impossible to use with some key sites. I was unable to do various editing of shop layouts on Popshops, and when I attempted to use it to begin setting up a new WordPress site, crazy things kept coming up and the layout never lined up correctly with deleted stuff still remaining and added stuff absent. When I checked it out on other browsers, things did look right. So, I guess it's still Firefox for now.

i think Firefox is most pronominal for that..

I actually use Opera, Chrome, and Firefox simultaneously. Chrome is quite nice, but I use Opera as my primary simply because it does a decent job of remembering all of your tabs when you shutdown and restart. I typically have about 15 pages up at once...

Firefox used to be my primary, but I had a bug where launching excel from download files would lock up my desktop after awhile. That forced me to try other browsers and now I use Firefox only occasionally. I have a lot of different gmail accounts that I use for various things like coordinating with employees. I find it easier to run them in different browsers because I'm also using Google docs.

I do really like Chrome, although I still use firebug for debugging web pages. I prefer it to Chrome's tools, well except for chrome's built in ability to emulate smart phones. I use that a lot.

My order of preference is probably:

Chrome -> Opera -> Firefox -> IE

But I do use Opera the most, just because it will open tabs up again after a reboot.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

So a few days ago I wrote this:

Well, I tried going back to Safari the last two days, and I again found it impossible to use with some key sites. I was unable to do various editing of shop layouts on Popshops, and when I attempted to use it to begin setting up a new WordPress site, crazy things kept coming up and the layout never lined up correctly with deleted stuff still remaining and added stuff absent. When I checked it out on other browsers, things did look right. So, I guess it's still Firefox for now.
    Well I spent much of today upgrading my iMac to Yosemite 10.10.3 and with it to Safari 8.0.5 and it it sensational - Full access to everything I've tried so far and it's working much better and faster than FF has for me the last few month.

34. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread