How can I protect my privacy on social media?
    Does it matter if I have personal information on Facebook and Twitter? And if so, how do I make sure that my personal details are safe?

Tax Paying Member
    Privacy is an interesting concept that does not apply in today's society.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Privacy is an interesting concept that does not apply in today's society.
    What Witzer wrote certainly deserves repeating: "Privacy is an interesting concept that does not apply in today's society."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

if you want Privacy in your Social account then you have to change setting in Privacy and set by only you can show it not public.

I hope FB does not hand the information to Government or being hacked.

Yes, FB and twitter given may facility to protect our personal data we can use those

If you want to protect your privacy both twitter and facebook, you can simply go to the settings tab and then look for the privacy settings. I am sure you can limit the person that can view to your profile. It depends on how you control the settings.

Simply go to the settings tab and then look for the privacy settings.
    Only publish limited information about you on social network.
    Get a life. Meet your friend, neighbors and family in real world.

10. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Attempts to protect privacy are meaningless. Google and big business in general knows EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. The "government" lags far, far behind in every aspect of such snooping and in particular in using the info they stockpile. We give it all up willingly every day and it is a total waste of time and effort to even think about privacy after the horse is out of the stall, miles from the barn, and having his second Martini on your credit account.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

@Witzer I like your answer !

@jyoti457, the social network Minds.com allows you to create an account with a fake identity, it is actually specified in their "guidelines" that "fake identities" are welcome. I really love minds, it's very well designed and fast.

no one can be 100% sure on his privacy if he is a social media member. It depends on the site. They have your data and if they are not brilliant enough to protect their servers, all are lost. That's why many internet experts suggest not to use personal information on the web when not necessary.

All social media sites have privacy settings you can use. If you're on social media you have to understand that some of your information must be used to help you network with others.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoti457 View Post
    Does it matter if I have personal information on Facebook and Twitter? And if so, how do I make sure that my personal details are safe?
    If you really want to protect your personal details on social media sites then there are some privacy settings which you need to activate in your account.
    Do proper privacy settings and enjoy.

Because of the very nature of social media, maintaining privacy on social media platforms is not an easy thing to achieve. You can only do so much to limit the reach of your online presence and this is due to certain policies that govern these social networking sites. The moment you sign up, you automatically allow them to display a chunk of your persona to networks in and out of your circle, which is why it’s wise to be pragmatic about your personal space on the Internet.

Privacy? What's privacy now-a-days? Haha... seriously though... you can only control privacy so much. Look for privacy settings in your account. You'll find that you can only disallow publication of only a few details. As far as what the social networks themselves do... I fully expect them to give my info out to everyone for a profit. I don't like it, but I have to accept it for using their network.

it is very subjective since the privacy can be bleach my hacker. not 100% guarantee in the world

good information sharing, thanks

You should trust the big website. Now it is not so safe anywhere in internet.

Hi,
    Do not share personal details on social sites. This is the only way i guess will work in a right way.

thanks

Why would you share your personal details on social media if you want privacy. Unfortunately nowadays privacy is a luxury more and more of us don`t have.

Social media is a great way to stay in touch with friends, family and your favourite interest groups. But do you really know who can see what you are sharing? Protecting your privacy on social media is often about controlling the information that you share and who has access to what you are sharing.

There is no so-called privacy, people know another too much. You only could make a small part private, you could set your private information in the settings.

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread