Handy tool from Pud if you stock Amazon products on your site, gives highest and lowest ranking, recently added: http://www.amazonscan.com/

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I saw this the other day when there was only a few items in it.
    Have a look at all items, and scroll to the bottom for some great book titles.

Notice how every link has his affiliate code in it?... stupid smarter than me guy pud.

Why couldn't I have thought of something like this.. It's piss easy to program...c'mon brain.... do your stuff..

Okay, I'm dense,mousejockey. Aren't Amazon's best seller lists also updated and arranged by rank of selling? So if you post the script form of Amazonrecommends link for the kitchen bestsellers, it also displays what is selling best in the kitchen department.

The script I use, amazon.pl by cusimano.com, also grabs the best seller lists. David Cusimano, the script author, has a whole site "live" with this script in the browse mode. Note the "top" links show the best sellers in the category. Likewise the right hand column listings are the bestsellers in each category. That way your site updates as Amazon does.

Am I missing the point of AmazonScan?

ABW Ambassador
    It was made by the guy who made http://www.doomcompany.com (look at the actual url).
    The amount of traffic that he is/would be sending to that page would earn him big $$$$'s
    This is not for use on our sites, but for normal people who want to track the popularity of a product on amazon.

So why would a "normal person" (don't mind my drool and twitches, okay?) want to know this rather than just checking Amazon's best sellers?

ABW Ambassador
    There is no real point to it apart from being able to track over time the ranking of each individual product.

That, and the fact that he has the means to direct millions of visitors to a site which has every amazon product (as people enter them) complete with his affiliate link..

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread