Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thumbs down Target Screws Affilates Once Again
    Outrageous terms, continually dropping commission rates, and all the rest are par for the course from Target, and now, ONCE AGAIN, with no warning, their feed is GONE from Popshops.

All those Target product links in your shops are now once again DEAD!

This has happened time and time again and is HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, and this time it's the final straw.

When they lowered their commission rate to 3% (once at a high of 11%) I decided that I would no longer "actively" promote any of their products, but I would still keep some products that were otherwise not available and/or at really good prices, in some of my PS shops. But, no more.

While others have done worse over a short period of time, they have now earned theHoundDawg LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award as the MOST AFFILIATE UNFRIENDLY AFFILIATE PROGRAM EVER!
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; May 19th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

Sorry to see you "having" to write that, Phil. It is a shame what crap they are able to "get away with" because of their brand recognition. I'm sure they count on many of the less informed affiliates out there to keep promoting them.

But - every time I see a "problem" with Target it makes me VERY thankful I decided to drop them when they moved to IR. I should have dropped them when they moved to PJ/EAN.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    I've noticed Target feed "on hold" at popshops for a while. I asked popshops why they put Target feed on hold. Popshops said it is because their product landing page error and they have contacted Target to fix the feed issue. Evidently Target's datafeed is broken and nobody care to resolve the issue. I was going to contact Target myself, but due to all their affiliate unfriendly moves lately, I don't bother anymore. Sometimes we just have to draw a line in the sand...

ABW Ambassador
    Update:

I just double checked a few Target product links from my shops, seem like they are working fine now. Maybe they have fixed the feed and popshops hasn't taken down the hold yet...

ABW Ambassador
    More updates:

I emailed popshops support to ask them to add Target feed back to popshops. Here is what they responsed:

"I understand that you want us to update the product feed of the program Target via IR in Rakuten PopShops. Upon investigating, I see that the file size of feed of the program is 0 kb, due to which, we are unable to integrate the feed into our system. I have attached a screenshot of the program details from the IR network for your reference. We will inform the merchant about the feed issue, and we will integrate the program once the issue has been resolved."

I looked at the screenshot they attached, the Target feed size does show as 0kb.

So there is an issue with Target feed. I guess it is time to take down all Target product links.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks for the info mayfly.

Want to bet that when their feed does re-appear on PS there will only be a bout 2,000 products and it will take another 3-4 weeks to get back to the 550,000 they had last week? For the record, since they've been on IR, they've never approached the almost 1,000,000 products they had on prior networks.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Doesn't much matter to Target or IR. P.T. Barnum had it right, y'know...Target knows there will still be many [gullible] affiliates that promote them just so they have the name "Target" in front of their site visitors. Target continues to get the branding and what ever sales are made when the feed does work. IR gets whatever they earn whenever (any kind of) sales are made.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread