driving traffic to my blog/website
    Hi, forum my name is Tony I am a complete newbie.

My wife and I will be hosting a blog/website dealing in the autistic community, we have a special needs child

We don't have a product to sell as of yet, mostly info for now and linking community events. My question is?

is it considered unethical or bad taste to drive my own traffic to our site, until my wife finishes her clothing line?

It may be dumb question, but I read someone else' post that confused me.any thought welcomed

thx.

welcome
    Tuheekee welcome to abestweb, to answer your first question, it is fine if you focus on getting your own traffic to your blog, before your product gets released, Infact I would suggest that you write original
    content (blog posts, etc) before you get your product released, etc, and focus writing about the "autistic community", or what you experience.

3. Thanks From:

I like to write articles and they are very good for driving traffic. Leave your link in your bio. You can post comments in other related blogs, just make sure that they are dofollow blogs. Search in google for dofollow blogs related to your niche. Again leave your link in the signature.

Or you can also maybe swap links with other blog owners. This will help with getting backlinks that should push you up in your google search rankings gaining visibility.

Offcourse you can drive traffic to your own website...infact as much as you want but since you are also looking for affiliates to promote your product then it is always better to test your product by driving traffic on your own and then you can pass on those statistics to your affiliates so then they can start promoting with their own traffic. Considering the fact that your product is not finished as of yet...what you can do is build a page where you could capture those users and then later on market them offers for what they are interested in.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You do realize that you don't have to create your own product, but instead can join the affiliate programs of existing merchants. Unless you have something amazingly good and unique and truly helpful, it really would be better for your site visitors to leverage your knowledge of autism for existing products, as anything you create would not have been tried and tested for a long time to come. I know many families writing blogs about their experiences with their autistic children who are having success following the process I just discussed.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

you can drive by
    1. Add your website to major search engines such as google and yahoo
    2. Post comments on related blogs & forums and add your website link
    3. Join link exchange websites
    5. Use social networking sites like twitter and facebook to advertise.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; July 25th, 2015 at 07:28 AM. Reason: removed promotional info

That is actually a good idea to start driving traffic before the product is ready, you can "tease" people with previews or sneak peeks, and collect their email for example, that way you'll have a decent customer base as soon as you're ready to sell, which is a big plus !

Quote Originally Posted by Tuheekee View Post
    Hi, forum my name is Tony I am a complete newbie.

My wife and I will be hosting a blog/website dealing in the autistic community, we have a special needs child

We don't have a product to sell as of yet, mostly info for now and linking community events. My question is?

is it considered unethical or bad taste to drive my own traffic to our site, until my wife finishes her clothing line?

It may be dumb question, but I read someone else' post that confused me.any thought welcomed

thx.
    It isn't, though I suggest like everyone else here does, I think it is better to start blogging.
    Tips most especially would be very helpful.

Have you thought about taking the time to go back and retrofit the existing content with new conversion opportunities?

Working to optimize previous posts might increase your visits better than trying to create a new post.

Something that worked for me was that I added links to other relevant, high-converting pages on the site, to keep people engaged.

I would definitely suggest working on driving traffic to your own blog. Why wouldn't you, right? That's one of the main reasons you have it. Drive all the traffic you can to it.

I would say, you have to write informative content which helps to attract more visitors, also incorporate images related to your product, target long tail keywords and comments on another blogs helps to get more result.

One of the biggest traffic drivers I've found is YouTube subscribers. That is what works best for me at least. What works for one doesn't always wor for all.

Be sure to install an seo pack if using Wordpress. I recommend yoast. It'll double your traffic in less than a month if you have seo issues like I did.

15. Thanks From:

I would say, comment on another blogs helps to build new relationship with other bloggers and get lot of traffic, write informative & unique content so that user will read it again & again, target long tail keywords, write irresistible headings which helps to get more traffic.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread