Cool Have traffic.. looking to monetise it... How do I forecast my potential income?
    Hi, my website streams video content. I am looking for ways to monetise the content and traffic i have.
    Affiliate marketing would appear to be potentially lucrative, but how can i forecast the expected income for my traffic?
    Is there a reliable cost per lead program that will pay me per user I send to them?

If not, then how can i maximise the income on a CPA basis - when i have no idea of which affiliate programs will be the most attractive to my users?
    It seems very speculative to simply trial how many users convert to sales and how much commission is paid at the end of several months of referring traffic to an advertiser...

Any help appreciated.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsm123 View Post
    Is there a reliable cost per lead program that will pay me per user I send to them?
    No. "Reliable" lead programs will not pay per "user" but rather per credible visitor who completes some type of process such as an application form which is then verified as being legitimate and truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm123 View Post
    but how can i forecast the expected income for my traffic? …
    If not, then how can i maximise the income on a CPA basis - when i have no idea of which affiliate programs will be the most attractive to my users?
    It seems very speculative to simply trial how many users convert to sales and how much commission is paid at the end of several months of referring traffic to an advertiser.
    That is the nature of affiliate marketing - there is no way to predict future income with no track record and history. Doing it is the only way to find out.

While I have no idea what type of content you are promoting, I would however recommend that rather than focusing on leads that you consider promoting actual products that are directly related to your content.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    That is the nature of affiliate marketing - there is no way to predict future income with no track record and history. Doing it is the only way to find out.
    That does seem to be the case, but surely the affiliate networks, advertisers and many experienced affiliates do know these numbers very accurately.
    Why don't the advertisers make available some metrics to show new potential affiliates what they can actually earn. Rather than this meaningless stat of x% of sales etc. Which doesn't mean anything - I mean the advertiser could be trying to sell ice to eskimos for $1mn! not much chance of earning anything from those referrals then.. so it really depends how effective the advertiser is at converting visitors into sales as much as how good the leads are.

Has anyone done any analysis of this, so that affiliates can accurately compare programs and work out how effective the advertisers will be at converting leads into sales (which should translate into eventual commission revenues)?

thx!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    The networks and merchants do provide part of the info you need in terms of average conversion rates, commission rates paid, AOV and EPC metrics. The challenge is that until you send your traffic to these offers, you don't know how it performs vs the average numbers from the merchants. Your traffic may perform better or worse than average, but until you drive some targeted traffic into the funnel, you won't know.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread